(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) WEEK AHEAD A series of Federal Reserve officials give speeches after the U.S. central bank surprised some investors last week with a hawkish-sounding policy statement that confidently predicted only temporary weakness in inflation. Policymakers fro
LIMA, Oct 31 - Peru's sale of about $3 billion in government bonds this week, the country's first tapping of global markets in more than two years, was aimed mainly at managing existing debt, Finance Minister Alonso Segura said on Friday.
Oct 31 - Midwest Cable Inc, the cable company to be spun off from Comcast Corp after it buys Time Warner Cable Inc, said it would list its Class A common stock on the Nasdaq under the symbol "GLCI" in 2015.
Oct 31 - Dollar General Corp extended its tender offer for shares of Family Dollar Stores Inc to Dec. 31, until after a shareholder vote that will decide the fate of a rival bid by Dollar Tree Inc.
NEW YORK, Oct 31 - A divided U.S. appeals court rejected UBS AG's bid to force Nasdaq OMX Group Inc to arbitrate a dispute over the exchange operator's alleged "catastrophic mismanagement" of Facebook Inc's $16 billion initial public offering.
* Regulator says has evidence of offers by potential buyers
NEW YORK, Oct 31 (IFR) - Underwriters are facing another problem when backing leveraged buyouts - and this time it's not regulators but unpredictable debt markets.
LIMA, Oct 30 - Peru said it sold 7.41 billion soles ($2.54 billion) worth of new 10-year bonds, to be settled in dollars, with a 5.7 percent coupon on Thursday - making its first foray into global markets since 2012.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) PARIS/MILAN, October 31 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned SEMAPA's (AA/RWN/F1+) EUR150m French commercial paper (CP) programme a Short-term local currency rating of 'F1+'. KEY RATING DRIVERS The rating on the CP programme reflects SEMAPA's sound liquidity management and the adequate back-up package set for CP issues within the EUR150m programme. Under the CP programme, SEMAPA plans to launch single issues of maximum EUR80m each.
NEW YORK, Oct 31 (IFR) - Bank of New York Mellon, the trustee for some of Argentina's restructured bonds, notified bondholders on Friday that the sovereign's default has spread to its Par bonds.
- M&A: UPDATE 5-Oi, America Movil, Telefonica to bid for Brazil's TIM, sources say
- Bankruptcy: High-yield E&P energy bonds are risky temptations
- Private Capital: New players, smaller landlords in next wave of SFR bonds
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund billionaire, unions trade blows in Phoenix pension fight
- Regulatory News: MOVES-David Saleh joins Wells Fargo as VP, investments
- Japan's SoftBank kicks off $10 billion India online spree, buys stake in Snapdeal
- Smartphone repair company B2X steps up expansion with Indian deal
- U.S. chipmaker Qualcomm hopes for knock-out blow with $2.5 billion CSR bid
- Exclusive: Reliance seeks sale of Eagle Ford stake for up to $4.5 bln - sources
- JSW Steel "very close" to deal for London Mining - source