* Asciano's former parent, Toll Holdings, agreed to sale in Jan
SYDNEY, July 1 - Australian freight company Asciano Ltd said on Wednesday that it was in discussions with Canada's Brookfield Infrastructure Group after the Canadian firm made an informal approach to buy it for A$8.8 billion ($6.78 billion).
June 30 - Interactive Data Corp, one of the world's largest financial data providers, has hired banks for a potential sale or an initial public offering that could value it at more than $5 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
NEW YORK, June 30 - Puerto Rico's distressed power utility PREPA is close to a deal with its creditors to avoid a possible default on a bond payment of around $400 million due July 1, sources familiar with the talks said on Tuesday.
CALGARY, Alberta, June 30 - Shareholders in Canadian energy producer Legacy Oil + Gas voted in favour of the company being acquired by Crescent Point Energy Inc on Tuesday, in a deal worth C$1.53 billion in shares and debt.
NEW YORK, June 30 - U.S. fund manager OppenheimerFunds, the largest holder of Puerto Rico debt among U.S. municipal bond funds, warned the island it stands ready to defend the terms of bonds it holds, a day after the governor said he wanted to restructure debt and postpone bond payments.
NEW YORK, June 30 - Puerto Rico will make a July 1 coupon payment of $645.2 million on its general obligation debt, a person familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
June 30 - Insurance broker Willis Group Holdings said it signed an agreement with Financial management services provider Towers Watson & Co to combine the companies in an all-stock deal with an implied equity value of about $18 billion.
FRANKFURT, June 30 - German lighting group Osram has begun talks with potential buyers of its lamps business as it prepares an auction that would allow it to focus on automotive lighting and components, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
NEW YORK, June 30 - The U.S. Treasury Department on Tuesday sold $30 billion in four-week or one-month bills, paying investors at an interest rate of 0.015 percent, the highest in six weeks, Treasury data showed.
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - July 1
- Bankruptcy: More Puerto Ricans consider exit as crisis deepens
- Private Capital: Blackstone to offer debt relief on some Spanish mortgages- Bloomberg
- Hedge Funds: Grexit fears risk derailing best start by hedge funds in 6 years
- Regulatory News: UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 1
- Fairfax's Watsa to buy Indian logistics firm NCMSL - sources
- Anthem offers $47 billion for Cigna as insurers race for a deal
- Vedanta says buyout of Cairn India minorities moves it closer to becoming major player
- Vedanta makes $2.3 bln bid to buy out minorities in Cairn India
- Capgemini in 500 million euro capital boost to fund IGATE buy