DETROIT, June 26 General Motors Co now expects the charge for its sale of Opel to Peugeot SA to reach $5.5 billion versus its previous estimate of $4.5 billion due to additional costs associated with the deal, a top executive said on Monday.
SAO PAULO, June 26 The investment arm of Brazil's state development bank BNDES has convened a JBS SA shareholder meeting to remove the controlling Batista family from the meatpacker's management and board, in the latest twist involving the world's No. 2 food processor.
MOSCOW, June 26 Russian conglomerate Sistema said on Monday a Russian court had "arrested" shares it owns, including in the country's biggest mobile operator MTS, in a legal dispute with oil company Rosneft.
* Angry Scotland, Wales say DUP deal weakens United Kingdom (Adds Sinn Fein reaction, Conservative spokesman on funding)
* Says CobalTech will receive 0.2632 of a First Cobalt common share for each CobalTech common share
* Stada shares drop 8 pct in after-market trading (Adds Stada CEO, background)
* Deal implies a total transaction value of approximately $140 million on a fully diluted in money basis
SAO PAULO, June 26 The Brazilian unit of U.S. food processor Cargill agreed to sell a fruit processing plant located in the Sao Paulo state to German food ingredients maker Doehler, a source with knowledge of the deal told Reuters on Monday. (Reporting by Roberto Samora; Writing by Marcelo Teixeira)
MOSCOW, June 26 Russia's biggest mobile operator MTS said on Monday a court decision to "arrest" a number of its shares owned by business conglomerate Sistema would not affect its operations.
WASHINGTON, June 26 Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc has won U.S. antitrust approval to buy rival CST Brands Inc on condition that it sell up to 71 stores in eight states, the Federal Trade Commission said on Monday.
- Finance: Trump, Modi seek rapport despite friction on trade, immigration
- Technology: In victory for Trump, U.S. Supreme Court revives his travel ban
- Healthcare: Burn victims overwhelm Pakistani hospitals after tanker fire kills 146
- Consumer: Social media giants step up joint fight against extremist content
- Energy: Villagers begin to mourn dead after deadly China landslide
- Industrials: Russia, upping pressure on Telegram app, says it was used to plot bombing