April 19 - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is weighing a proposal that would require brokers to tell investors exactly where their stock trades are executed, Bloomberg reported on Saturday.
April 18 - A group led by private equity firm TPG Capital Management LP has agreed to invest $450 million in Airbnb Inc, valuing the online home-rental marketplace at $10 billion, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
April 17 - A group of investors, which is seeking to buy Mt. Gox, has launched a website to garner support from creditors of the bankrupt bitcoin exchange to prevent a liquidation of its assets.
(Rewrites throughout on banks' diverging strategies; adds analyst and investor comments)
WASHINGTON, April 17 - Fewer than 1 percent of partnerships with more than $100 million in assets, including hedge funds and private equity firms, are audited by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, a government report said on Thursday.
April 17 - Michaels Stores Inc, the biggest U.S. arts and crafts retailer, on Thursday confirmed that there was a security breach at certain systems that process payment cards at its U.S. stores and that of its unit, Aaron Brothers.
April 17 - Michaels Stores Inc, the biggest U.S. arts and crafts retailer, on Thursday confirmed that there was a breach of certain systems that process payment cards at its U.S. stores and that of its unit, Aaron Brothers.
April 17 - The following U.S.- and Canada-listed companies reported earnings on Thursday. This list shows whether they beat, met or missed Wall Street analysts' forecasts. It also shows the difference between analysts' expectations and reported results. The figures are provided by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. Revenue figures are in millions. Company Name Ticker Qtr Industry Curr EPS Est EPS Act Diff EPS Rev Est Rev Act Diff Rev ACACIA RESEARCH
* Total assets under management up 25 pct y/y to $272 bln as of end-March
(Adds Barclays, Willis North America, BNY Mellon Wealth Management)
WASHINGTON - A possible merger between Sprint Corp and T-Mobile US Inc could prompt U.S. regulators to rewrite rules they are now weighing for a 2015 auction of airwaves, according to sources familiar with the proposed regulations.
MUMBAI - Energy company Reliance Industries Ltd posted nearly flat fourth-quarter profits, in line with estimates, as a slimmer margin in its oil refining business offset higher revenue.
- Reliance Q4 sales rise, refining margin narrows
- Hyundai Motor unveils small SUV concept for China, to launch this year
- Rajaratnam's brother loses bid to dismiss insider trading charges
- GM to invest $12 bln in China and plans more plants
- VW has agreed budget car concept, design - manager
- China Resources chairman sacked amid corruption investigation
- In the driving seat: China's yuppies are new market force for global automakers
- Brazilian tycoon Batista investigated for financial crimes - reports
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage