PARIS, April 23 - Safran expects "very solid" orders for engines and other equipment in 2014 amid robust activity in the commercial aircraft market, its chief executive said on Wednesday.
* Deal had no cornerstone investors, wide indicative range
TOKYO, April 23 - Shares in railway and property company Seibu Holdings Inc opened in line with its deeply discounted IPO price on its relisting in Tokyo, reflecting growing caution over the strength of Japan's economic recovery.
April 22 - Puerto Rico's largest bank Popular Inc is in advanced talks to sell some of its mainland branches in the United States to multiple buyers, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
TOKYO, April 23 - Shares in railway and property company Seibu Holdings opened at 1,600 yen in its first day of relisting in Tokyo on Wednesday, in line with its IPO price, which was set at a deep discount to earlier estimates amid growing caution over Japan's economic recovery.
April 22 - Darden Restaurant Inc will have to call a shareholder meeting to vote on Starboard Value LP's proposal to delay the company's plan to spin off its struggling Red Lobster chain, after the activist investor secured the support of a majority of the company's shareholders.
NEW YORK, April 22 - Cantor Fitzgerald Wealth Partners, launched in November 2013 by institutional trading firm Cantor Fitzgerald, has hired Lowell "Bob" Serhus as chief investment officer to guide the firm's financial advisers on portfolio and risk management, with a focus on alternative investments.
NEW YORK, April 22 - Valeant Pharmaceuticals has lined up $15.5 billion in debt financing from Barclays and RBC Capital Markets to fund its proposed $47 billion purchase of Allergan Inc., the company said on Tuesday in a press release.
(Corrects to remove reference to the non-executive chairman as one of the senior managers that could sell shares)
April 22 - Darden Restaurant Inc has 60 days to call a shareholder meeting to vote on activist investor Starboard Value LP's proposal to delay the company's plan to spin off its struggling Red Lobster chain, CNBC reported.
NEW DELHI - Conglomerate Reliance Industries' telecommunications unit, which holds nationwide 4G permits, has agreed to lease mobile phone masts from infrastructure provider American Tower Corporation's (ATC) local arm, the companies said in a statement on Monday.
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex hit record highs for the third consecutive session on Wednesday on the back of gains in blue-chip stocks. The benchmark index gains 0.51 percent to hit a record high of 22,875.17. The broader Nifty rises 0.68 percent to hit a life high of 6,861.60.
- BSE Sensex hits third consecutive record high
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
- Nikkei gains on Wall Street rally, investors cautious ahead of earnings
- China factory activity shrinks for 4th month, but pace of decline slows
- GM seeks U.S. court protection against ignition lawsuits
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- China is a driver, not a drag, for U.S. earnings in first qtr
- Iron ore mining likely to restart in January in Goa
- Brent holds above $109 as China data meets forecast, Ukraine supports
- Gold hovers near 2-1/2 month lows on firm equities, fund outflows