HONG KONG, Dec 5 - China Cinda Asset Management Co Ltd, the country's biggest bad debt manager, is set to raise $2.5 billion after pricing its Hong Kong IPO at the top of the marketing range, a source with direct knowledge of the plans said on Thursday.
Dec 5 - Online fashion retailer Zalora Group has landed $112 million in funding from private investor group Access Industries, funds managed by US-based asset management firm Scopia Capital Management and other institutional investors, which comes shortly after an earlier fund-raising round in May.
FRANKFURT, Dec 4 - Credit Suisse is selling its business serving wealthy customers in Germany to Frankfurt-based Bethmann Bank, sources familiar with the transaction told Reuters on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON, Dec 4 - The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill on Wednesday that would largely spare private equity fund advisers from federal regulations enacted after the 2007-2009 financial crisis.
Dec 4 - * S&P says General Growth Properties Inc to join S&P 500 * S&P says General Growth to replace Molex Inc which is being acquired
* IPO priced at A$2.05 a share, bottom end of A$2.05-2.35 range
Dec 4 - The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Wednesday. To inform us of other job changes, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MILAN, Dec 4 - Italy's state-backed fund Fondo Strategico Italiano (FSI), one of the bidders for a minority stake in Versace, is willing to put in an offer valuing the whole fashion house at 1.1 billion euros ($1.5 billion), people familiar with the issue said.
Dec 4 (peHUB) - A new firm formed by former distressed debt executives from Barclays is preparing to hit the fundraising trail in search of about $1 billion, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.
LONDON, Dec 4 - Private equity group TDR Capital has started an accelerated book build to sell half of its 16 percent stake in British life insurer Phoenix Group , it said on Wednesday.
Bangalore-based SpaceBound Web Labs Pvt Ltd, the company that owns and operates Eventifier, a platform that archives event photos, videos, slides, tweets, conversations and more from the web, has received $500,000 from Accel Partners, with participation from existing investor Kae Capital. The capital will be used to expand the team and also to ramp up its sales and marketing efforts.
- Kroll, BMR Advisors tie up for due diligence assignments
- KV Asia Capital acquires Derma-Rx International Aesthetics from Kaya
- Quadria Capital may buy ICICI Venture's majority stake in Medica Synergie
- Enterprise security firm Aujas Networks raises Series B funding from IDG Ventures, IvyCap & Rajasthan Venture Capital
MUMBAI - The rupee rose to a five-week high against the dollar and stocks jumped more than 2 percent to near record highs on Thursday as exit polls predicted a strong showing for the key opposition party in recent state elections.
- Rupee, Sensex rally as BJP leads in exit polls
- UBS sets Nifty target at 6,900 for 2014
- Gold eases after short-covering rally, tapering fears drag
- Chinese, Indian manufacturers help emerging market business growth in Nov - HSBC
- Brent drops towards $111 as OPEC keeps output target; U.S. data eyed
- Google's mystery barge in San Francisco Bay under investigation
- RBS, S&P sued by European investors for $250 million crisis losses
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- EXCLUSIVE: U.S. plans new bank fraud cases in early 2014 - attorney general
- Sensex up over 350 points; exit polls see gains for BJP