* Toshiba is considering spinning off semiconductor operations and selling a partial stake to Western Digital of the U.S. - Nikkei
DUBAI, Jan 17 Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), one of the world's biggest sovereign wealth funds, sees investment opportunities in China's fixed income and real estate markets, as well as smaller Chinese companies, its managing director told China Finance.
Jan 17 Elliott Management and private equity firm Bluescape Energy Partners have teamed up to buy a 9.4 percent stake in NRG Energy Inc and said they may push to elect one or more directors to its board.
* SAYS IT HAS RAISED AN ADDITIONAL $56 MILLION IN SERIES C FINANCING, BRINGING ITS TOTAL FUNDING TO $84 MILLION SOURCE TEXT FOR EIKON:
Jan 17 Activist investor Elliott Management and private equity firm Bluescape Energy Partners said they bought stakes in NRG Energy Inc and would team up to urge the power producer to make strategic changes to the company.
* Sale to L Catterton and an affiliate of GIC Further company coverage: Link to the press release: (http://bit.ly/2js7QnK) (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)
* Edgewater Technology Inc says urges stockholders to support company's board of directors and reject Ancora's nominees
* Bluescape Energy Partners reports 2.5 pct stake in NRG Energy Inc as of Jan 4 - SEC filing Source text: http://bit.ly/2ixgMZq Further company coverage:
Jan 17 Elliott International And Affiliates Report Combined Economic Exposure In Nrg Energy Inc
FRANKFURT Germany's Lufthansa is not in talks about Etihad Airways taking a stake in the German airline, two sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday, denying an Italian newspaper report that said it was.
LONDON Britain will quit the European Union's single market when it exits the bloc, Prime Minister Theresa May said on Tuesday, in a decisive speech that quashed speculation she would seek a compromise deal to stay inside the world's biggest trading bloc.