* BSE index falls 0.55 pct; NSE ends 0.51 pct lower * Foreign investor sales of index futures, options hit * Wipro shares fall as U.S. revenue growth lags rivals * Biocon slumps after earnings disappoint (Updates to add Tata Motors) By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, July 25 - India's broader NSE index fell on Friday after hitting a record high for a third straight day as investors took profits in blue-chips such as ICICI Bank , while IT outsourcing firms declined after
* Rupee ends at 60.1025/1125 per dlr vs 60.12/13 on Thursday
* Tata Motors shares slumped 5 percent on Friday, marking the biggest single-day fall since Jan. 27. * Tata unit Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) reduces prices of three models sold in China. * Price cuts are in response to a probe in China's auto industry, JLR China said. * Analysts say price cuts are a concern given the importance of profitability in China for JLR's overall margins. (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com)
* BSE index falls 0.55 pct; NSE ends 0.51 pct lower * Foreign investor sales of index futures, options hit * Wipro shares fall as U.S. revenue growth lags rivals * Biocon slumps after earnings disappoint By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, July 25 - India's broader NSE index fell on Friday after hitting a record high for a third straight day as investors took profits in blue-chips such as ICICI Bank , while IT outsourcing firms declined after Wipro's U.S. dollar revenue g
MUMBAI, July 25 - India's NSE index fell on Friday after hitting a record high for a third straight day as investors took profits in blue-chips such as ICICI Bank , while software stocks declined after Wipro's U.S. dollar revenue growth lagged rivals.
* Shares in India's Biocon Ltd slump more than 7 percent after June-quarter earnings disappoint some investors. * Biocon's June-quarter consolidated net profit up 9 percent to 1.03 billion rupees ($17.14 million). * On-going geo-political conflicts in MENA region, affected growth in the biopharma business, which de-grew by 3 percent year-on-year, Edelweiss Securities says in a note to clients. * Shares down 7.58 percent to 478.65 rupees at 0746 GMT.
* Shares of India's Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd fall as much as 1.6 percent after Bank of America Merrill Lynch downgrades the stock. * The investment bank cuts its rating on the auto components maker to "neutral" from "buy" after a sharp run-up in the stock price. * BofA says it downgraded the stock following a 37 percent rise in the stock price since April 2014, and a 150 percent gain year-on-year. * "This is due to somewhat demanding valuations," it says. * Motherson is likely to wit
* India's broader NSE index falls 0.28 percent, while the benchmark BSE index is down 0.21 percent. * Technology shares down, with Wipro Ltd falling as much as 8.12 percent after the company's earnings missed estimates. * Tata Consultancy Services falls 0.7 percent, while Infosys Ltd is down 0.67 percent. * Among other stocks, Hindalco Industries falls 1.8 percent on profit-taking after gains in the last three sessions. * However, defensive stocks such as consumer and healthcare shares gain on
MUMBAI, July 25 - Shares in Wipro Ltd India's third-biggest IT services exporter, plunged 8.12 percent at the pre-open after the IT outsourcer's April-June quarter earnings missed estimates.
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks finished a quiet session mostly flat on Thursday as earnings painted a mixed picture of the economy, though the S&P 500 set another record closing high.
All Indian Indices
|Symb||Index||Mkt Report||Time||Last||Chg||Chg %|
|.BSESN||BSE Sensex||25 Jul 2014||26,126.75||-145.10||-0.55%|
|.NSEI||Nifty||25 Jul 2014||7,790.45||-40.15||-0.51%|
|.BSEOIL||BSE Oil & Gas||25 Jul 2014||10,843.97||-173.66||-1.58%|
|.BSEIT||BSE IT||25 Jul 2014||9,789.42||-53.32||-0.54%|
|.BSEMET||BSE Metals||25 Jul 2014||13,200.10||-315.18||-2.33%|
|.BSEFMCG||BSE FMCG||25 Jul 2014||7,157.93||+51.55||+0.73%|
|.BSECG||BSE Capital Goods||25 Jul 2014||15,604.16||-173.59||-1.10%|
|.BSEBANK||BSE Banking||25 Jul 2014||17,542.99||-239.37||-1.35%|
|.BSEREAL||BSE Realty||25 Jul 2014||1,925.00||-52.97||-2.68%|
|.BSEAUTO||BSE Auto||25 Jul 2014||15,609.56||-198.27||-1.25%|
|.BSEPOWER||BSE Power||25 Jul 2014||2,152.83||-43.02||-1.96%|
|.BSEHC||BSE Healthcare||25 Jul 2014||12,136.47||+225.21||+1.89%|
Nifty Most Actives
NEW DELHI/GENEVA - India threatened on Friday to block a worldwide reform of custom rules, which some estimates say could add $1 trillion to the global economy and create 21 million jobs, prompting a U.S. warning that its demands could kill global trade reform efforts.