MUMBAI, Oct 23 - Indian shares rose in a special "muhurat" trading session for Diwali on Thursday, led by gains in Suzlon Energy Ltd. while hopes for continued foreign fund inflows into the country also boosted sentiment.
* INR seen in a broad 60.80 to 61.80 range next week, say traders
MUMBAI, Oct 22 - Indian shares rose on Wednesday for a fourth straight session of gains, tracking stronger global markets and closing at their highest in nearly a month as automakers surged on hopes of better sales in the festive season.
MUMBAI, Oct 22 - Indian shares gained for a fourth consecutive session on Wednesday, closing at their highest level in a month as blue chips climbed, tracking stronger global markets, while auto stocks surged on hopes of better sales in the festive season.
* Tata Metaliks surges 17.5 pct to 153.80 rupees. * Marks highest level since Oct. 2010 . * Heads towards its biggest daily gain since July 17. * Posts profit of 270.4 million rupees ($4.42 million) versus loss of 68 million rupees a year earlier. ($1 = 61.2300 Indian rupee) (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Dewan Housing Finance Corp shares surge 9.6 percent. * Headed towards their biggest daily gain since July. * July-September earnings beat some analyst estimates. * Profit rose 3 percent to 1.52 billion rupees ($24.8 million). ($1 = 61.2200 Indian rupee) (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Shares of Indian automobile companies gain sharply. * Traders say sentiment is high as strong sales expected in the festive season. * Hero MotoCorp said it expected 40-50 percent higher sales in Dhanteras, considered an auspicious day for buying and making investments. * Hero shares up 3.44 percent to hit an all-time high. * Maruti Suzuki (India) Ltd adds 1.9 percent and Mahindra and Mahindra is up 0.9 percent. (email@example.com/indulal.p.thomsonreuters.com@reut ers.net)
* Biocon Ltd falls 2.7 percent. * July-Sept earnings lag some analyst estimates. * Margins contracted by 90 bps to 22.8 percent on account of higher employee costs. * Says biopharma business continues to be impacted by factors like geo-political challenges. (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com)
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks rallied on Tuesday, with the S&P 500 notching a fourth straight session of gains boosted by strong corporate results, including Apple's.
* NSE index futures on the Singapore Exchange gain 0.8 percent. * Implying the NSE index may rise to the key 8,000 level for the first time since Sept. 30. * Additional reforms expected after the Bharatiya Janata Party-led government ended fuel price controls, opened up the coal sector and won two state elections. * Asian shares gain tracking higher Wall Street on U.S. tech earnings. * The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan advances 0.7 percent. * Foreign investors bought shares worth 324
All Indian Indices
|Symb||Index||Mkt Report||Time||Last||Chg||Chg %|
|.BSESN||BSE Sensex||23 Oct 2014||26,851.05||+63.82||+0.24%|
|.NSEI||Nifty||23 Oct 2014||8,014.55||+18.65||+0.23%|
|.BSEOIL||BSE Oil & Gas||23 Oct 2014||10,798.05||+73.47||+0.69%|
|.BSEIT||BSE IT||23 Oct 2014||10,156.75||+13.87||+0.14%|
|.BSEMET||BSE Metals||23 Oct 2014||11,306.88||+34.13||+0.30%|
|.BSEFMCG||BSE FMCG||23 Oct 2014||7,420.21||+34.75||+0.47%|
|.BSECG||BSE Capital Goods||23 Oct 2014||15,139.90||+83.40||+0.55%|
|.BSEBANK||BSE Banking||23 Oct 2014||18,857.52||+34.78||+0.18%|
|.BSEREAL||BSE Realty||23 Oct 2014||1,488.69||+2.61||+0.18%|
|.BSEAUTO||BSE Auto||23 Oct 2014||18,025.56||+4.67||+0.03%|
|.BSEPOWER||BSE Power||23 Oct 2014||2,082.81||+2.19||+0.11%|
|.BSEHC||BSE Healthcare||23 Oct 2014||13,921.69||+78.86||+0.57%|
Nifty Most Actives
NEW DELHI - Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation.