* BSE index gains 0.12 pct; NSE ends 0.15 pct higher * Telecom stocks rise for second day on new roaming regulations * IDFC, Religare gain on bank licence plans By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, June 19 - Indian shares edged up on Wednesday amid volatility as investors awaited the outcome of the U.S. Federal Reserve meeting, with telecom stocks such as Idea Cellular gaining on new roaming regulations. Major markets, including Asia, were stuck within recent ranges as inve
* India to auction $7.15 bln govt debt limits on Thursday - source
MUMBAI, June 19 - Indian shares edged up on Wednesday amid volatility ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve policy outcome, with telecom stocks such as Idea Cellular gaining as new roaming regulations were seen as less stringent than expected.
* Indian main BSE index is up 0.02 percent, while the broader NSE index is up 0.03 percent, in range-bound trading ahead of the Fed's meeting. * Telecom shares gain for a second day after the new national roaming regulations are seen as less stringent than expected, with a negligible financial impact, dealers say. * Idea Cellular Ltd is up 5 percent, while Bharti Airtel Ltd gains 2.3 percent. * Banks fall on fears that an end to the Fed monetary stimulus could push the rupee lower, delaying any
* Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) bought 5.62 billion rupees ($95.64 million) worth of stock futures on Tuesday, NSE data shows. * Derivatives analysts say buying mainly concentrated on Reliance Communication Ltd futures <0#RLCM:NS>. * "Our analysis suggests that FIIs would have bought Reliance Comm for sure, as it added 2.5 million shares in open interest across futures, which signifies the counter may move higher," says Sunil Kumar Arora, country head of futures and options at Kan
* Indian main BSE index falls 0.4 percent, while the broader NSE index is 0.37 percent lower, heading towards their second consecutive day of declines. * The U.S. Federal Reserve is due to end a pivotal two-day meeting on Wednesday. Markets are keenly waiting for Chairman Ben Bernanke's comments on when and how the Fed will start reducing the third round of its bond-buying programme known as "quantitative easing". * Banks fall on fears that an end to the Fed monetary stimulus could push the ru
MUMBAI, June 19 - Shares in India's IDFC Ltd and Religare Enterprises Ltd rose on Wednesday after both companies took steps to apply for banking licenses, continuing their quest to diversify their businesses.
-----------------------(0832 a.m. India time)------------------ LEVEL NET/CLOSE PCT/YIELD DJIA 15318.23 138.38 0.91 S&P 500 1651.81 12.77 0.78 FTSE 6374.21 43.72 0.69 MSCI Asia-Pac Ex-JP 438.88 -1.55 -0.35 Nikkei 13169.97 162.69 1.25 Euro 1.3389 1.3393
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange are 0.29 percent down and the MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan is 0.45 percent lower. * Japanese stocks started trade on Wednesday with a spring in their step thanks to a positive lead from Wall Street and a softer yen, but the rest of Asia was restrained as investors waited for clarity on the Federal Reserve's next policy step. * The Federal Reserve is due to end a pivotal two-day meeting on Wednesday. Markets are keenly waiting to see if Ch
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange are 0.29 percent down and the MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan is 0.45 percent lower.
All Indian Indices
|Symb||Index||Mkt Report||Time||Last||Chg||Chg %|
|.BSESN||BSE Sensex||19 Jun 2013||19,245.70||+22.42||+0.12%|
|.NSEI||Nifty||19 Jun 2013||5,822.25||+8.65||+0.15%|
|.BSEOIL||BSE Oil & Gas||19 Jun 2013||8,598.91||+47.99||+0.56%|
|.BSEIT||BSE IT||19 Jun 2013||6,056.12||-16.62||-0.27%|
|.BSEMET||BSE Metals||19 Jun 2013||8,091.49||+102.45||+1.28%|
|.BSEFMCG||BSE FMCG||19 Jun 2013||6,604.45||+7.85||+0.12%|
|.BSECG||BSE Capital Goods||19 Jun 2013||9,338.62||-3.47||-0.04%|
|.BSEBANK||BSE Banking||19 Jun 2013||13,555.18||+34.91||+0.26%|
|.BSEREAL||BSE Realty||19 Jun 2013||1,609.45||+9.21||+0.58%|
|.BSEAUTO||BSE Auto||19 Jun 2013||10,802.43||-73.30||-0.67%|
|.BSEPOWER||BSE Power||19 Jun 2013||1,639.96||-9.75||-0.59%|
|.BSEHC||BSE Healthcare||19 Jun 2013||8,738.19||-25.05||-0.29%|
Nifty Most Actives
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said on Wednesday the U.S. economy is expanding strongly enough for the central bank to begin slowing the pace of its bond-buying stimulus later this year.