May 31 Indian shares edged down on Tuesday as investors took profit after five consecutive sessions of gains, but indexes were headed for their third straight monthly rise, outperforming almost all regional markets.
MUMBAI, May 31 Aurobindo Pharma Ltd, India's fourth-largest drugmaker by sales, said higher sales in the United States and emerging markets helped its fourth-quarter net profit grow 40 percent, above estimates, sending shares up as much as 4 percent.
By Aparajita Saxena May 31 Southeast Asian stocks were largely cautious on Tuesday as investors waited for cues from U.S. inflation and employment data next week, the two most important indicators for a "data-dependent" U.S. Federal Reserve. Investors will also be keeping a keen eye out for Fed chair Janet Yellen's speech in Philadelphia on Monday for clarity over whether rates would be increased as early as June. On Friday, Yellen said that if current economic conditions hol
* Sees annual sales up 8-10 pct, analysts had seen avg 20 pct rise
MUMBAI, May 31 India's largest drugmaker Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd reported a near-doubling in fourth-quarter profit, although that missed analysts' estimates as weakness in emerging markets outweighed higher sales in India and the United States.
* 100,000 Jaguar Land Rover vehicles to be recalled in the U.S. to fix faulty airbags
All American Indices
|.DJI||Dow Jones Industrial Average||27 May 2016||17,873.22||+44.93||+0.25%|
|.IXIC||Nasdaq Composite Index||27 May 2016||4,933.50||--||--%|
|.TRXFLDUSP||Thomson Reuters Equity US Index||30 May 2016||185.93||+0.00||+0.00%|
|.TRXFLDCAP||Thomson Reuters Equity Canada Index||30 May 2016||264.75||-0.33||-0.13%|
|.GSPTSE||S&P/TSX Composite Index||30 May 2016||14,086.67||--||--%|
|.XAX||AMEX Composite Index||27 May 2016||2,328.99||--||--%|
|.MXX||MXSE IPC||30 May 2016||46,017.21||--||--%|
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold inches up but heading for biggest monthly decline in six
- Oil Report: Europe's power grids ready for summer, risks in Poland, Britain
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar heads for best month in 6 on rate hike expectations
- British Pound Report: Sterling boosted by support for "In" camp in Brexit vote