* Yet to decide on timing of up to $2.4 bln share sale (Adds management comments)
* Exec says: has restructuring pipeline of 26.25 billion rupees
May 22 - ITC Ltd, India's largest cigarette maker, reported a lower-than-expected quarterly profit as higher taxes on smokes and a government push to discourage tobacco consumption hurt business.
* Sold 45.10 billion rupees worth loans to asset reconstruction companies in Q4 - CNBC TV18 Further company coverage: (Reporting By Devidutta Tripathy)
MUMBAI, May 22 - State Bank of India, the nation's top lender by assets, reported a better-than-expected 23 percent increase in quarterly profit and a lower bad loan ratio, sending its shares more than 5 percent higher.
NEW DELHI, May 22 - The Indian government plans to sell stakes in state-run companies through strategic sales to partly meet its target for raising revenues from asset sales, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Friday.
All American Indices
|Symb||Index||Mkt Report||Time||Last||Chg||Chg %|
|.DJI||Dow Jones Industrial Average||View||22 May 2015||18,232.02||-53.72||-0.29%|
|.IXIC||Nasdaq Composite Index||View||22 May 2015||5,089.36||-1.43||-0.03%|
|.TRXFLDUSP||Thomson Reuters Equity US Index||22 May 2015||192.88||-0.40||-0.21%|
|.TRXFLDCAP||Thomson Reuters Equity Canada Index||22 May 2015||284.33||-0.11||-0.04%|
|.GSPTSE||S&P/TSX Composite Index||View||22 May 2015||15,200.76||-2.85||-0.02%|
|.XAX||AMEX Composite Index||View||22 May 2015||2,460.80||-27.23||-1.09%|
|.MXX||MXSE IPC||View||22 May 2015||44,874.04||-223.35||-0.50%|
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
Europe Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold falls as Yellen points to rate hike, dollar jumps
- Oil Report: UPDATE 2-Safety measures ordered for failed oil pipeline in California
- US Dollar Report: FOREX -Dollar rallies on U.S. price data, Fed's Yellen rate talk
- British Pound Report: Sterling suffers a setback as U.S. inflation lifts dollar