* Net profit 56.3 bln rupees, refining margin falls to $9.30
MUMBAI, April 18 - Indian energy conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd posted a flat quarterly profit, in line with estimates, hurt by a slimmer margin in its oil refining business.
LONDON, April 17 - European equities finished higher on Thursday after losing ground earlier in the session, with upbeat results from major U.S. companies like Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and General Electric improving sentiment.
* Worldwide IT spending seen up 3.1 pct in 2014 -Gartner (adds background, detail)
* FTSEurofirst 300 gains 0.4 percent after falling earlier
April 17 - India's Wipro Ltd posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers.
All American Indices
|Symb||Index||Mkt Report||Time||Last||Chg||Chg %|
|.DJI||Dow Jones Industrial Average||View||17 Apr 2014||16,408.54||-16.31||-0.10%|
|.IXIC||Nasdaq Composite Index||View||17 Apr 2014||4,095.52||+9.29||+0.23%|
|.TRXFLDUSP||Thomson Reuters Equity US Index||17 Apr 2014||169.99||+0.30||+0.18%|
|.TRXFLDCAP||Thomson Reuters Equity Canada Index||17 Apr 2014||272.64||+0.95||+0.35%|
|.GSPTSE||S&P/TSX Composite Index||View||17 Apr 2014||14,500.39||+53.87||+0.37%|
|.XAX||AMEX Composite Index||View||17 Apr 2014||2,593.90||-0.44||-0.02%|
|.MXX||MXSE IPC||View||16 Apr 2014||40,890.53||+408.73||+1.01%|
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold flat below $1,300/oz, heading for weekly fall
- Oil Report: WRAPUP 4-Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Yen at 10-day low vs dollar after U.S. data, Ukraine talks
- British Pound Report: Sterling index settles near highest since 2008