NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI - The after-glow of Narendra Modi's election victory nearly four months ago is expected to have helped India's lumbering economy register its fastest growth in more than two years for the quarter ending in June.
- Indian economy warms in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage"
- Indian power station coal stocks lowest since 2012 blackouts
- Asian shares slump as Ukraine tensions flare
- Gold heads for first monthly gain since June on Ukraine
- Indian markets closed on Friday for local holiday
- Malaysia Airlines to cut 6,000 jobs, spend $1.9 bln on restructuring - Khazanah
- Productivity goes negative as China slips towards middle-income trap - study
- IMF board likely to back Lagarde during French probe - sources
- Tata, Volkswagen, others agree to invest $1.9 bln in Maharashtra