NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
MUMBAI - The BSE Sensex and the Nifty rose to record highs on Thursday after cabinet approval for a higher foreign direct investment limit in insurance and a rejig in foreign debt limits reinforced optimism about the government's reform agenda.
- BSE Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, insurers gain
- UAE's TAQA pulls out of India power plant deal with Jaiprakash
- IMF cuts global growth outlook, warns of stagnation risk in rich nations
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Monsoon revival keeps rain above average
- Asian economies to struggle on weak export demand - Reuters poll
- Ipca halts U.S. shipments from Ratlam plant after FDA finds violations
- Wall Street flat as Caterpillar offsets Facebook
- Sri Lankan, Indian central banks agree scope for government debt buys
- Coal India's plans for 20 mines hit by land, environment delays