NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
MUMBAI - Amazon.com Inc on Wednesday said it will invest a further $2 billion in India just a day after the country's largest e-tailer Flipkart attracted $1 billion of fresh funds, raising the stakes in a nascent but fast-growing e-commerce sector.
- Amazon to invest $2 bln more in India as e-commerce race heats up
- Lupin expects India sales to grow 18-20 pct in fiscal 2015; net profit jumps
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- SpiceJet in talks with tax authorities
- Tribal affairs minister wants say in industrial projects
- Nifty ends higher; Bharti Airtel gains 5.4 pct, L&T slumps 7.1 pct
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound
- Tata to invest $35 bln over 3 years, focus on new businesses
- Fed seen trimming bond buys, could offer vague rate clues
- Rupee edges up, still stuck in range-bound trading