NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI India's cabinet on Wednesday approved a proposal to revise up salaries and pensions for government employees, an official, privy to the decision, told reporters.
- India approves rise in salaries, pension for govt employees - govt source
- Government hopes to pass GST bill in upcoming parliament session - minister
- Cabinet clears new mineral exploration policy - govt source
- Sterling rises for second day, market eyes Brexit politics
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- World stocks gain as Brexit nerves settle
- Sugar cane arrears plunge in India as sweetener prices rally
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, markets steadier |
- Suzuki Motors says Brexit to have 'major' impact on earnings
- CORRECTED - Goldman Sachs India ECM head PV Krishna leaves firm - IFR