NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI - India will decide on whether to end government control of diesel pricing after elections in two states next month, an oil ministry source said.
- India to decide on diesel deregulation after state polls - oil ministry source
- As mining curbs bite, India offers market to glut-hit iron ore
- Rupee gains ahead of Fed meet
- Sensex, Nifty fall most in 1-1/2 months ahead of Fed outcome
- Mahindra in talks to buy Peugeot's scooter unit - Bloomberg
- IOC cuts refinery output as rains hit fuel demand - source
- Stocks flat ahead of Fed meeting, oil rises
- RBI deputy: No proposal to raise debt limits for foreign investors as of now
- OECD unveils proposals to curb corporate tax avoidance
- Merck KGaA agrees to market Lupin drugs in emerging countries