NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
MUMBAI - Reliance Industries Ltd plans to restart its entire 1,400 retail fuel pump outlets in fiscal year ending March 2016, a report on the company website shows.
- Reliance to restart all fuel pump outlets by March 2016
- India frets trade gains could unravel as deficit widens
- Questions on GDP keep coming for statisticians
- RIL warns on U.S. shale slowdown, refining lifts profit
- G20 more upbeat on growth, but officials fret over Greece
- China says to accelerate reforms to support yuan in IMF currency basket - Xinhua
- China fines Alibaba $129,000 for pricing violations
- Wall St Week Ahead - Investors look to earnings for market direction
- Grilled: Lexus seeks design edge over premium rivals
- Bloomberg outage hits financial markets |