NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI India's economic growth likely picked up in the July-September quarter, outpacing China on improving domestic demand and manufacturing activity that could persuade the Reserve Bank of India to keep interest rates unchanged on Tuesday.
- India's economic growth seen picking up, RBI may hold rates steady
- France, India to launch global solar alliance
- SpiceJet to choose between Airbus and Boeing for plane order
- Japan output, retail sales rise, sign of gradual pickup from recession
- IMF's yuan inclusion signals less risk taking in China
- Gold poised for worst monthly dip in 2-1/2 years
- Costly "cleaner" coal fights for space in emissions debate
- Baby boon: mini-vans the next big thing as China eases one-child policy
- Emerging market funds seek escape from traditional indexes
- Volkswagen knew fuel usage in some cars was too high a year ago - Bild am Sonntag