NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
SINGAPORE Crude oil prices pushed higher on Wednesday after Iran said it was open to cooperation with Saudi Arabia, partly recovering from an 8 percent fall in the previous session on concerns over demand and weak equities.
- Oil prices rebound from sharp selloff; more volatility expected
- Asia stocks drop as bank concerns smoulder, yen stands tall
- In cloud stock tumult, investors give valuations a reality check
- Facebook's India stumble could embolden other regulators
- Dollar languishes near 3-1/2-month lows ahead of Yellen testimony
- Gold rises to near 7 1/2-month high on safe-haven demand
- Millennials are shifting car ownership model; ask Toyota
- Wall Street cuts losses late to end tad lower
- Bad loan clean-up takes toll on state banks' earnings
- Essar Oil says Rosneft stake buy in advanced due diligence