NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI The cabinet on Wednesday gave an "in-principle" approval for the consolidation of state-run banks by merging some of the lenders, television channels reported.
- Cabinet approves plans to merge some state-run banks: TV
- Global Markets: Euro, bond yields rise on buoyant business surveys
- Reliance to raise naphtha exports by 500,000 tonnes/year
- India grants Pfizer patent on pneumonia vaccine in blow to aid group
- Vedanta's zinc unit gets helping hand from China, first-quarter earnings rise
- Ad group WPP cuts sales forecast on weak client demand
- ECB faces gaps in understanding new realities: Draghi
- Strong euro leads big bond buyers into government debt rethink
- Toshiba prioritises talks with Western Digital on chips business sale - Nikkei
- China automaker Chery won't take M&A route for planned overseas growth: CEO