NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
VIENNA OPEC and non-OPEC producers on Saturday reached their first deal since 2001 to curtail oil output jointly and ease a global glut after more than two years of low prices that overstretched many budgets and spurred unrest in some countries.
- OPEC, non-OPEC agree first global oil pact since 2001
- Surprise, surprise: RBI wrong-foots investors again
- Steel minister says not in favour of protectionist moves
- Overseas casinos clean up despite China's cash curbs
- Delivery Hero buys Foodpanda in sought after food delivery market
- Analysis - Trump packs trade team with veterans of steel wars with China
- Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14 billion for UK's Sky |
- Wall St Weekahead: Hawkish Fed a potential speed bump for stock bulls
- Analysis - In Sky deal, Murdochs shield Fox from sagging U.S. ad market
- Kuwait emir appoints Essam al-Marzouq new oil minister