NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
MUMBAI - When Hindustan Construction Ltd (HCC) was building a bridge in 2008 to transform the congested commute in Mumbai, its stock was at a record high as low interest rates had sparked a construction boom.
- As RBI holds rates steady, companies' debt burdens weigh heavily
- Factory growth bucks Asia trend, speeds to six-month high in July - PMI
- Asia dividend funds turn to China, India to counter Fed hike
- Finance secretary says doesn't want to curb RBI's powers
- Snapdeal to raise $500 million from Alibaba, SoftBank, Foxconn - sources
- Hero MotoCorp reports 33 pct rise in Q1 profit
- Supreme Court to consider auctioning off Sahara properties
- Global July factory growth muted as order growth eases - PMI
- Sensex gains for a fourth consecutive session
- India retains monsoon rain forecast in drought territory