NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
MUMBAI/DELHI Ratan Tata, patriarch of one of India's most influential families, will take over as interim chairman of Tata Sons after the salt-to-software conglomerate's board ousted Cyrus Mistry, who had sought to shake up the firm's management.
- Patriarch Ratan Tata steps in at Tata Sons after board ousts chairman Cyrus Mistry
- Asia shares track Wall St. higher, U.S. dollar firm
- India's cotton exports to slump as Pakistan trims purchases
- RBI meets bank officials after debit card security breach
- Ola ties up with BMW for luxury cabs segment
- Idea Cellular profit slumps on competition, costs
- China's HNA to buy 25 percent stake in Hilton for $6.5 billion
- Embraer reaches $205.5 million graft settlement with U.S., Brazil
- Russia, Qatar, OPEC discuss possible action to shore up oil market
- India's proposed algo trading rules cast pall over bourse IPOs