NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI India's cabinet on Wednesday approved a plan to reduce its stake in five state-run general insurance companies to 75 percent from 100 percent, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley told reporters.
- India to cut stake in general insurers to 75 percent - finance minister
- India to consider Apple's request for incentives with "open mind" - minister
- India's cash crunch seen biting into economic growth - Reuters poll
- Sensex up as banking stocks gain ahead of earnings
- HSBC to shift staff from Britain to Paris after Brexit
- Foreign business sceptical of China's promised opening
- Stock rally in recent months driven by global economy, not Trump - Robeco CIO
- Number of UK workers edges down again, but pay growth picks up pace
- Pearson shares plunge after another profit warning
- VTB boss says Rosneft sale 'paid for by foreign firms' - Tass