NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc's revenue grew 49 percent in the fourth quarter, as mobile advertising growth helped the world's largest Internet social network beat Wall Street's targets for earnings and sales.
- Facebook tops Wall Street revenue target in 4th quarter
- Government makes push to boost revenue as deficit deadline nears
- Fed upbeat on U.S. economy, cites strong job gains
- Government will not appeal Vodafone tax ruling
- Wanted: Asia-focused banker for StanChart's top spot
- Oil tumbles; US crude prices near 6-year low on record stockpiles
- Wall Street ends lower after Fed statement, oil drop
- Jaiprakash Power likely to default on $200 mln convertible bonds
- Gold falls further after Fed reiterates its patience
- U.S. Air Force picks Boeing 747-8 to replace Air Force One