NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI A group of global medical-technology companies plans to tell Indian officials next month that any further price control measures would risk future investments and make them less likely to introduce new products in the country, according to an industry source familiar with the matter.
- Global med-tech firms, India locked in tussle after stent price sting
- Indian gold demand seen higher ahead of key festival
- Earnings misses, rising debts: Indian Railways turnaround hits buffers |
- In first 100 days, a reversal of fortune for Trump favourites on Wall Street
- Wall Sreet Weekahead - Hot earnings to keep fire under growth-stock rally
- Global Economy Weekahead - EU readies united Brexit front, bets on Macron
- Paytm parent One97 set to raise over $1.8 billion from SoftBank - report
- Federal Bank aims 3.25 percent net interest margin, growth across segments
- Amazon's moves beyond retail get Wall Street thumbs up, for now
- Bombardier rejects Boeing trade claim, shares slide