NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
- Reliance Q4 sales rise, refining margin narrows
- VW to keep adding Chinese capacity amid double-digit growth
- Rajaratnam's brother loses bid to dismiss insider trading charges
- China Resources chairman sacked amid corruption investigation
- Brazilian tycoon Batista investigated for financial crimes - reports
- Glenmark pulls 2,900 bottles of ulcer drug in U.S.
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage
- India's forex reserves rise to $309.44 bln as of April 11 - RBI
- Exchanges, brokerages hit with high-speed trading class action
- Japan investment in Southeast Asia surges amid China slump