NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit doubles as India market turns corner
- ICICI Bank posts record Q2 profit, but bad loans rise
- Maruti Suzuki says car sales growth cooling
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Harley-Davidson woos affluent young Indians with bike culture
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone
- Arun Jaitley sees better growth in H2 of 2014/15
- Gold, silver tumble on strong U.S. growth data, Fed view
- Cipla asks India to revoke Novartis patents on respiratory drug