NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
- Nifty falls most in nearly 3-1/2 weeks; Sensex down over 400 points
- U.S. says India refusal on WTO deal a wrong signal
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world
- Factories post fastest growth for 17 months in July
- World stocks fall, dollar up before U.S. jobs data
- Infosys' new CEO Sikka says to improve business with new growth avenues
- ArcelorMittal cuts outlook as ore prices hit mining
- China, Asian factory growth gathers pace; Europe falters
- Hero MotoCorp July sales up 9 percent y/y
- Rupee at three-month low; Nifty slumps 1.5 percent