NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE - India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI - Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI - Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI - Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON - A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article
- China joins nations eyeing India's civil nuclear sector
- Factbox - Key trade, business announcements during China Xi's India visit
- LIC takes bullish view of Modi's India
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 bln
- Nepal clears India’s GMR plan for $1.4 billion hydroelectric plant
- Oracle's Ellison steps aside, co-CEOs Catz and Hurd take over
- Dow, S&P 500 at records as Fed-driven rally continues
- Monsoon rains weaken as late retreat looms
- Infosys partners with China's Huawei for cloud-based services
- Big institutions no guarantee of stability for Alibaba IPO