News: Hindalco Industries Ltd (HALC.BO)
Tue, Nov 12 2013
* Says Aditya aluminium smelter in advanced stage of completion
NEW DELHI, Nov 12 - India's Hindalco Industries Ltd, an aluminium and copper producer being investigated for a coal block jointly allocated to it, reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly profit as prices fell due to production outpacing demand.
Reuters Market Eye - Hindalco Industries Ltd may beat consensus operating profit forecast for the July-September quarter when it reports results later in the day, Thomson Reuters StarMine's SmartEstimates shows.
* Hindalco Industries Ltd may beat consensus operating profit forecast for the July-September quarter when it reports results later in the day, Thomson Reuters StarMine's SmartEstimates shows. * StarMine's SmartEstimates, which places greater emphasis on forecasts by top-rated analysts, expects Hindalco to report an operating profit of 6.07 billion rupees ($95.93 million) for the quarter, compared with a consensus mean estimate of 5.95 billion rupees. * Separately, Hindalco's unit Novelis Corp
* BSE index gains 0.05 pct; NSE ends 0.25 pct higher * L&T surges after maintaining FY14 revenue guidance * Hindalco gains after PM's comments on coal block allocation By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, Oct 21 - Indian shares rose on Monday to their highest in nearly three years as Larsen & Toubro surged after the company maintained its revenue guidance for this fiscal year, while sentiment was also boosted as foreign investors remained net buyers for an eleventh consecutive
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Hindalco Industries Ltd gain as much as 4.3 percent after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's office says he is satisfied with the outcome of the process of allocating coal blocks to certain companies, dealers say.
* Shares in India's Hindalco Industries Ltd gain as much as 3 percent after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's office says he is satisfied with the outcome of the process of allocating coal blocks to certain companies, dealers say. * The comments were the first attributed to Singh since a case was filed this week against three companies in a scandal, dubbed "Coalgate." The scandal surfaced after an auditor's report last year questioning the government's practice of awarding coal mining concession
MUMBAI, July 23 - Utkal Alumina International Ltd (UAIL), a unit of Hindalco Industries, plans to raise up to 20 billion rupees ($335.8 million) via sale of 10-year bonds, said two sources with direct knowledge of the matter.
- Novelis Marks Commissioning of Aluminum Automotive Sheet Finishing Lines in Oswego, NY
- Novelis Building Sustainable Enterprise through Disruptive Innovation
- Novelis Completes $400 Million Expansion of Aluminum Rolling Mills in Korea
- Novelis CFO to Present at Deutsche Bank's 21st Annual Leveraged Finance Conference
- Novelis Named Aluminium Fabricator of the Year by Metal Bulletin
- Novelis Reports First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2014 Results
- Novelis Marks the Commissioning of Expanded Aluminum Rolling Operations in South America
- Novelis Expands Production Capacity in Europe for Automotive Sheet
- Novelis and CEO Philip Martens Win Top Honors at Platts Global Metals Awards
- Novelis Unveils 12 Million Euro Aluminum Recycling and Continuous Casting Operation in Italy