News: Mosaic Co (MOS.N)
Thu, Feb 27 2014
MUMBAI - India will cut potash subsidies by nearly a fifth for the year starting in April as the government tries to contain a ballooning fiscal deficit, two government sources and an industry official told Reuters.
* Subsidy to be cut to 9,300 rupees/T for 2014/15 from 11,300 rupees
By Rod Nickel Feb 11 - Mosaic Co offered an encouraging outlook and announced a big share buyback on Tuesday, buoying the U.S. fertilizer company's stock even as it reported a 79 percent plunge in quarterly profit, a sharper decline than expected. Last summer's breakup of the Belarusian Potash Co - one of the world's two dominant potash traders - caused a sharp drop in the price of the crop nutrient potash and a slide in grain prices has also weighed down phosphate. The lower pr
Feb 11 - Mosaic Co Chief Executive Jim Prokopanko said on Tuesday he expects Canpotex Ltd, the offshore sales arm of Mosaic, Potash Corp of Saskatchewan and Agrium Inc to set a potash supply contract with Indian buyers by the end of April.
Feb 11 - U.S.-based fertilizer company Mosaic Co , which operates potash mines in western Canada and phosphate facilities in the United States, is facing unprecedented transportation backlogs in North America, Chief Executive Officer Jim Prokopanko said on Tuesday.
Feb 11 - U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co reported a 79 percent plunge in quarterly profit on Tuesday as prices fell.
* Uralkali to sell potash at $305/t to China, vs $400/t in H1 2013
- The U.S. Department of Justice has approved Mosaic Co's $1.4 billion purchase of CF Industries' Florida phosphate business, Mosaic said on Wednesday.
Jan 15 - The U.S. Department of Justice has approved Mosaic Co's $1.4 billion purchase of CF Industries' Florida phosphate business, Mosaic said on Wednesday.
- U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co said on Monday that it would buy back about 10 percent of its outstanding stock in a roughly $2 billion purchase from the Margaret A. Cargill Foundation and the Anne Ray Charitable Trust over the next eight months.
- Mosaic To Present At Goldman Sachs Agribusiness Conference
- DigitalTown Board of Directors Elects Linda Thrasher Next Chief Executive Officer
- Mosaic Announces Quarterly Dividend Of $0.25 Per Share
- The Mosaic Company Reaches Agreement To Purchase 8.2 Million Additional Class A Shares
- The Mosaic Company Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2013 Results
- Mosaic To Present At Upcoming Investor Conferences In Florida
- Mosaic Announces Dates For 2013 Fourth Quarter Earnings Release And 2014 Annual Meeting Of Stockholders
- Department Of Justice Closes Hart-Scott-Rodino Act Review Of Mosaic's Acquisition Of CF Industries Phosphates Business
- Mosaic Completes Repurchase Of 21.65 Million Class A Shares
- Equities to Watch: Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, The Mosaic Co., Intrepid Potash, and CF Industries Holdings