Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.NS)
18 Aug 2017
Tue, Aug 1 2017
* Says July total sales of 165,346 vehicles versus 137,116 vehicles last year
Maruti Suzuki, India's top-selling car maker, posted a quarterly profit that missed estimates even though sales grew steadily, as a rise in commodity prices and the impact of a new nationwide sales tax ate into earnings.
July 27 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, the country's top-selling car maker, posted a 4.4 percent rise in quarterly profit on Thursday, but missed estimates as a rise in commodity prices and the impact of a new nationwide sales tax ate into earnings.
* Says costs were impacted by higher commodity prices, and sales promotion & marketing expenses in Q1
* June quarter profit 15.56 billion rupees versus profit of 14.91 billion rupees last year
July 1 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd's vehicle sales in June: June 2017 June 2016 Pct change TOTAL SALES 106,394 98,840 7.6 DOMESTIC SALES 93,263 92,133 1.2 CARS 69,970 72,551 -3.6 EXPORTS 13,131 6,707 95.8 NOTE: Maruti Suzuki, controlled by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , is India's largest carmaker by sales. (Compiled by Sankalp Phartiyal in MUMBAI)
* Says May total sales of 136962 vehicles versus 123,034 vehicles last year
MEDIA-Maruti Suzuki India working on pipeline of SUVs to be launched over next few years - Economic Times
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
* Says ties up with Maruti Suzuki India Limited(MSIL) for retail financing of manufactured vehicles Source text: [Dena Bank Ties Up with Maruti Suzuki India Limited(MSIL) for Retail Financing of Manufactured Vehicles] Further company coverage:
MUMBAI, May 1 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd's vehicle sales in April: April 2017 April 2016 Pct change TOTAL SALES 151,215 126,569 19.5 DOMESTIC SALES 144,492 117,045 23.4 PASSENGER CARS 144,081 117,045 23.1 EXPORTS 6,723 9,524 -29.4 NOTE: Maruti Suzuki, controlled by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , is India's largest carmaker by sales. (Reporting by Neha Dasgupta)