News: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.NS)
1 Aug 2014
Fri, Aug 1 2014
* BSE index falls 1.6 pct; NSE ends 1.5 pct lower * FII selling of Indian stocks on Thursday biggest in a month * POLL-India's central bank seen keeping policy rate steady until Q1 2015 * Maruti surges on higher-than-expected monthly sales By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, Aug 1 - India's NSE index fell 1.5 percent on Friday, marking its biggest single-day fall in nearly 3-1/2 weeks as blue-chips such as Reliance Industries slumped tracking weaker global markets ahead o
Reuters Market Eye - Maruti Suzuki India shares surge 3.8 percent after sales in July beat analyst expectations.
* Maruti Suzuki India shares surge 3.8 percent after sales in July beat analyst expectations. * India's largest automaker's sales in July rose by 21.7 percent * Maruti reported a 19.9 growth in the domestic market, helped by low base. * Volumes, launches, discounts and shareholders' approval of the Gujarat plant key triggers from here onwards, analysts say. (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org)
Aug 1 - Maruti Suzuki India Ltd's vehicle sales in July: July 2014 July 2013 Pct change TOTAL SALES 101,380 83,299 21.7 DOMESTIC SALES 90,093 75,145 19.9 PASSENGER CARS 72,782 63,040 15.5 EXPORTS 11,287 8,154 38.4 NOTE: Maruti Suzuki, controlled by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , is India's largest carmaker by sales. (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in Mumbai; Editing by
NEW DELHI - India's biggest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, warned on Thursday that its rising sales were largely driven by improving sentiment, discounts and government tax breaks, rather than any underlying economic revival.
* Expects double-digit growth in car sales this year (Adds company comments, details on investment, auto industry context)
NEW DELHI, July 31 - Maruti Suzuki India Ltd , India's biggest carmaker, reported a 21 percent rise in first-quarter net profit, beating estimates, as early signs of an economic revival boosted sales.
MUMBAI - The Nifty rose on Tuesday to mark its highest close in nearly three weeks, approaching a record high hit last month, as auto makers such as Maruti Suzuki India surged after stronger monthly sales, while overseas buying also helped.
* Investors seen building positions ahead of budget-analyst (Adds milestones)
* Investors seen building positions ahead of budget-analyst