News: Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS)
Wed, Jun 19 2013
PUNE - Tata Motors on Wednesday launched eight upgrades of existing models, including a CNG-fuelled version of its low-cost Nano, but said little about plans for completely new vehicles to help reverse sliding car sales in India.
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Motors fall 1.6 percent after unit Jaguar Land Rover Ltd's (JLR) May sales came below analysts expectations, dealers said.
* Shares in India's Tata Motors Ltd fall 1.1 percent after unit Jaguar Land Rover Ltd's (JLR) May sales came below analysts expectations, dealers said. * The company said in a statement on Sunday that global wholesales of its JLR unit, which Tata purchased for $2.3 billion in 2008, stood at 31,210 in the month, a rise of 3.7 percent from a year ago. * "Sales have been below expectation mainly due to lower Land Rover volumes. April-June is a slower period historically," said an analyst at a dome
REUTERS - Tata Motors Ltd's global wholesale vehicle sales fell an annual 17.5 percent in May, the company said, as a marginal rise in the sales of its luxury Jaguar Land Rover cars failed to offset sluggish passenger and commercial vehicle sales.
* Indian main BSE index gains 1.1 percent while the broader NSE index advances 1.11 percent, on-track to snap a three-day losing streak. * Asian shares recovered from multi-month lows on Friday, as a rebound in U.S. equities on the back of upbeat economic data calmed nerves after a bruising selloff in global markets. * Shares in India's Reliance Industries Ltd gain 1.5 percent after its KG-D6 block partner Niko Resources Ltd said its proved reserves increased by 160 percent, and that a recen
- India's Apollo Tyres Ltd agreed to buy U.S.-based Cooper Tire & Rubber Co for about $2.5 billion in a deal that would make it the world's seventh-largest tire maker and reduce its dependence on a slowing Indian auto market.
REUTERS - Apollo Tyres Ltd agreed to buy U.S.-based Cooper Tire & Rubber Co for about $2.5 billion in a deal that would make it the world's seventh-largest tire maker and reduce its dependence on a slowing Indian auto market.
June 1 - Tata Motors Ltd's vehicle sales in May:
Tata Motors Limited's (TML)
MUMBAI - Shares in Tata Motors Ltd rose more than 4 percent after its quarterly earnings beat estimates, helped by better-than-expected margins at unit Jaguar Land Rover.
- High Automobile Sales and Production, Concept Cars, and Service Programs Reflect Solid Growth Momentum - Research Report on Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Tata Motors, and Honda
- Tata Motors, Ford Motor, General Motors, and Tesla Motors Early Briefing and Review
- Product Development Geared Toward Consumer Need - Research Report on Tata Motors, Tesla Motors, GM, Toyota and Harley-Davidson
- StockCall Early Morning Insight into General Motors, Ford Motor, Tesla Motors, and Tata Motors
- The Road Ahead, Market Outlook - Research Report on Signet Jewelers Limited, Tata Motors Limited, Navistar International Corporation, Visa Inc. and American Express Company
- Critical Alerts For General Electric, Seagate Technology, Chico's FAS, Tata Motors, and Level 3 Communications Released By InvestorsObserver
- Critical Alerts for Baidu, Philip Morris International, GlaxoSmithKline, Tata Motors, and Jazz Pharmaceuticals Released by Seven Summits Research