Profile: J C Penney Company Inc (JCP.N)
21 May 2015
J. C. Penney Company, Inc., incorporated on January 22, 2002, is a holding company whose operating subsidiary is J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc. (JCP). The Company’s business consists of selling merchandise and services to consumers through its department stores and through its Internet Website. Department stores and Internet serve the customers and provide the same mix of merchandise and department stores accept returns from sales made in stores and via the Internet. The Company sells family apparel and footwear, accessories, fine and fashion jewelry, beauty products through Sephora inside JCPenney and home furnishings. In addition, the Company’s department stores provide its customers with services, such as styling salon, optical, portrait photography and custom decorating.
As of February 1, 2014, the Company supply chain network operated 25 facilities at 14 locations, of which nine were owned, with distribution activities housed in owned locations. The Company’s network includes 11 store merchandise distribution centers, seven regional warehouses, three jcpenney.com centers and four furniture distribution centers.
J C Penney Company Inc
6501 Legacy Dr
PLANO TX 75024-3698
Company Web Links
- UPDATE 1-Judge certifies class action over J.C. Penney phantom discounts
- Fitch Affirms J.C. Penney's IDRs at 'CCC'; Outlook Positive
- UPDATE 2-J.C. Penney posts narrower 1st qtr loss, lifts margin target
- UPDATE 1-J.C. Penney posts narrower 1st qtr loss, lifts margin target
- J.C. Penney posts narrower 1st qtr loss, lifts margin target