Profile: J C Penney Company Inc (JCP.N)
J. C. Penney Company, Inc. , incorporated on January 22, 2002, is a holding company whose principal operating subsidiary is J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc. (JCP). The Company’s business consists of selling merchandise and services to consumers through its department stores and through its Internet Website at jcp.com. As of February 2, 2013, the Company operated 1,104 department stores throughout the continental United States, Alaska and Puerto Rico, of which 429 were owned, including 123 stores located on ground leases. It sells family apparel and footwear, accessories, fine and fashion jewelry, beauty products through Sephora inside jcpenney and home furnishings. In addition, the Company’s department stores provide its customers with services such as styling salon, optical, portrait photography and custom decorating.
The Company’s network includes 11 store merchandise distribution centers, five regional warehouses, four jcp.com fulfillment centers and four furniture distribution centers. As of February 2, 2013, the Company’s supply chain network operated 24 facilities at 15 locations, of which nine were owned, with multiple types of distribution activities housed in certain owned locations.
J C Penney Company Inc
6501 Legacy Drive
PLANO TX 75024-3698
Company Web Links
- UPDATE 3-J.C. Penney taps Home Depot exec as CEO, big challenges ahead
- CORRECTED-(OFFICIAL)-UPDATE 1-J.C. Penney cuts same-store sales forecast as Sept sales slow (Oct. 8)
- UPDATE 2-J.C. Penney names Home Depot executive to succeed CEO Ullman
- J.C. Penney names Home Depot executive to succeed CEO Ullman
- Sunny September sales unlikely to brighten retailers' holiday prospects