Bank of China Ltd (3988.HK)
23 Oct 2017
** The Asia ex-Japan iTraxx investment grade index widened by 5.26 basis points in September, the biggest increase since November 2016
* Bank issued tier-2 capital bonds in an aggregate amount of RMB30 billion in domestic interbank bond market
* Chief Risk Officer Pan Yuehan says the bank is still under pressure to resolve non-performing loans
BEIJING, Aug 30 Bank of China Ltd (BoC) , the country's fourth-biggest lender by assets, on Wednesday reported an 11.5 percent increase in net profit in the first six months of the year on widening net interest margins.
BEIJING, Aug 30 Agricultural Bank of China Ltd (AgBank) reported on Wednesday a 3.3 percent rise in first-half net profit as margins steadied.
* Says H1 net interest margin at 1.84 percent versus 1.80 percent at end-March
* Approved election of Chen Siqing as chairman of board of directors of bank
* Says board elects Chen Siqing as chairman as Tian Guoli resiged due to change in job role
* Zhao Jie has begun to serve as non-executive director of bank with effect from 4 August 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BEIJING China's central bank has found 40 banks in violation of interbank account regulations and have ordered them to rectify the problem within three to six months, financial magazine Caixin reported on Tuesday, citing a document.