Aeon Co Ltd (8267.T)
23 Oct 2017
TOKYO, Oct 4 Aeon Co Ltd, Japan's largest retailer by sales, plans further price cuts as restructuring at its struggling general merchandising stores helped drive first half profits to an 11-year high.
TOKYO, Oct 4 Aeon Co Ltd, Japan's largest retailer by sales, upgraded its full-year earnings forecast on Wednesday, helped by restructuring at its struggling general merchandising stores.
* Aeon's operating profit likely jumped 16 pct on the year to about 84 billion yen ($750 million) for the six months ended August - Nikkei
* Retail giant Aeon announces price cuts (Adds analyst quotes, detail)
* Year ago revenue 974.8 million rgt; year ago profit attributable 19.1 million rgt Source text (http://bit.ly/2v8XEXU) Further company coverage:
* Operating profit forecast for current fiscal year unchanged (Adds executive comment, shares, context)
TOKYO, July 5 Aeon Co Ltd, Japan's largest retailer by sales, on Wednesday reported a 11.4 percent rise in first-quarter profit, beating estimates, boosted by improved performance at its struggling general merchandising stores.
* Says it sold CO2 reduction machine to AEON DELIGHT for 307.0 million yen on Jan. 31