Fast Retailing Co Ltd (9983.T)
* Event-driven funds likely chase market higher pre-vote - analyst
* Event-driven funds likely chasing market higher before election - analyst
* Uniqlo overseas oper profit up 95.4 pct, domestic down 6.4 pct
TOKYO, Oct 12 Japan's Fast Retailing Co Ltd , owner of clothing chain Uniqlo, forecast on Thursday a 13.4 percent rise in operating profit for the current financial year on the back of strong growth in Asia.
* Says it names Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LLC as new corporate auditor to replace Ernst & Young ShinNihon LLC, effective Nov. 30
Sept 6 Stock Markets Net Chng Stock Markets Net Chng S&P/ASX 200** 5,706.233 4.231 NZX 50** 7,777.4 -30.820 DJIA** 21,753.31 -234.25 NIKKEI** 19,385.81 -122.44 Nasdaq** 6,375.574 -59.757 FTSE** 7,372.92 -38.55 S&P 500** 2,457.85 -18.70 Hang Seng** 27,741.35 1.09 SPI 200 Fut 5,662 -30.00 STI**
HANOI Vietnamese villagers blockading a textile plant that serves global fashion brands are seeking the permanent closure of the factory due to pollution concerns, highlighting a growing readiness in Vietnam to campaign over environmental issues.
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
TOKYO, July 14 Japan's Nikkei share average edged up on Friday as disappointing earnings from Fast Retailing, the world's third largest apparel retailer, offset gains made after Wall Street pushed higher.
* Domestic Uniqlo op profit falls on higher costs (Adds CFO comment, context)