MBIA Inc (MBI.N)
* MBIA Inc - Jay Brown to step down as CEO effective September 15; Bill Fallon elected CEO Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
CHICAGO, Aug 8 Exposure to defaulted Puerto Rico debt helped balloon bond insurer MBIA Inc's net loss for the second quarter of 2017 to $1.2 billion compared with a loss of $27 million in the same period last year, the company reported on Tuesday.
* MBIA Inc - book value per share was $15.45 as of June 30, 2017 compared with $23.87 as of December 31, 2016
* MBIA Inc - resignations of Maryann Bruce, Keith D. Curry and Lois A. Scott from MBIA Inc. board of directors effective July 28, 2017
BRIEF-MBIA Inc in July 11 letter says ceased efforts to actively pursue writing new insurance policies for now at National Public Finance Guarantee
* MBIA Inc - in July 11 letter, co said it ceased for now efforts to actively pursue writing new insurance policies at National Public Finance Guarantee
* Mbia says board approved new share repurchase authorization for co, indirect unit, to repurchase up to $250 million of co's outstanding shares on open market
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.06 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
May 10 Bond insurer MBIA Inc reported a narrower quarterly loss, helped by lower foreign exchange losses and gains associated with interest rate swaps.
May 4 A pair of bond insurers with about $9 billion at stake in Puerto Rico's debt crisis on Thursday sued the U.S. territory and its financial oversight board, objecting to a fiscal turnaround plan approved by the board in March.
NEW YORK Puerto Rican power utility PREPA and its creditors have reached a new deal to restructure $8.9 billion in debt through new bonds with longer maturities, the U.S. territory's government announced on Thursday.