HTC Corp (2498.TW)
23 Sep 2016
Further company coverage: ($1 = 31.3870 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
Sept 6 Inside Secure Delivers Secure Content Distribution And Monetization Software For The Htc Vive Ecosystem
* Says Alibaba Cloud partners with HTC to advance virtual reality development with cloud computing solutions
TAIPEI, Aug 3 Taiwan stocks fell on Wednesday, tracking declines in other Asian markets, while struggling smartphone maker HTC dropped after the company reported a loss for the second quarter.
* Says Q2 net loss after tax at T$3.1 billion ($98.08 million)
Further company coverage: ($1 = 32.3570 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
* Says sales down 37.4 percent y/y at T$6.7 billion ($207.25 million) in May
* Says it bought back shares totalling T$420 million ($12.85 million)
* Says it to repurchase 40,000,000 shares of its common stock (a 4.83 pct stake) during the period from May 16 to July 15
TAIPEI, May 16 Taiwan stocks rebounded from over three-month lows on Monday, with struggling smartphone maker HTC Corp rising on a share buyback plan, but the index gains may be short-lived due to recent heavy selling by foreign investors.