Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co Ltd (4506.T)
27 Oct 2016
* Says its US-based unit completes full acquisition of 100 percent stake of shares and entire warrants in Cynapsus Therapeutics Inc, on Oct. 21 (U.S.A. Eastern Standard Time), at about $635 million
* Says 295 employees took up the offer of the early-retirement program announced on Aug. 30
* Says its subsidiary will buy 100 percent stake in Cynapsus Therapeutics Inc. at $624 million by the end of Dec.
* Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma is readying new type of cancer treatment that targets culprit behind metastasis,recurrence for release in fiscal 2017-Nikkei
Aug 31 Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc, a unit of Japan's Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co Ltd, said it would buy Canada's Cynapsus Therapeutics Inc for about $624 million.
* Says it to offer an early-retirement program to employees, who are above 45 years old as of Nov. 30 and worked more than five years (except part of employees)