Renesas Electronics Corp (6723.T)
BRIEF-Renesas Electronics' purchase of Intersil unlikely to boost earnings of co until 2018 - Nikkei
* Renesas Electronics' purchase of U.S. company Intersil, is unlikely to boost earnings of Renesas Electronics until 2018 - Nikkei Source text - (http://s.nikkei.com/2jxKZHp) Further company coverage:
* Acacia Subsidiary acquires additional patents from Renesas Electronics Corporation
TOKYO Renesas Electronics Corp on Tuesday said it has agreed to buy U.S. chipmaker Intersil Corp for $3.2 billion, an all-cash deal that bolsters the Japanese group's efforts to refocus the company around automotive chips.
U.S. stocks fell sharply on Tuesday, with energy shares slammed by lower oil prices and financials dropping on diminished prospects of a near-term rate hike. | Video
Wall Street looked set to open lower on Tuesday as oil prices fell and investors reassessed the possibility of a near-term rise in U.S. interest rates.
* Futures down: Dow 111 pts, S&P 13.5 pts, Nasdaq 25.25 pts (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
Sept 13 U.S. stock index futures were lower on Tuesday as oil prices fell and investors reassessed the possibility of a near-term rise in U.S. interest rates.
BRIEF-Renesas will be obligated to pay Intersil a termination fee in cash, upon termination of merger
* Renesas will be obligated to pay Intersil a termination fee equal to $96.5 million in cash, upon termination of merger - SEC filing
* Renesas beats US suitor Maxim Integrated Products (Adds fund manager comment, Maxim comment)
Sept 13 Renesas Electronics Corp CEO and President Bunsei Kure says: