Sharp Corp (6753.T)
2 Sep 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||¥557,998.50|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,701.21|
* Mobile is weak link in Sony's struggling electronics division
* Trust banks may be buying Topix - analysts * Nikkei off 1.0 pct for week, off 1.7 pct for month * Pioneer tumbles after dissolving alliance with Sharp By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Aug 29 - Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Friday morning as tensions in the Ukraine conflict flared up again, but hopes that domestic investors would start buying up large-cap stocks limited the losses. The Nikkei dropped 0.5 percent to 15,376.16 in mid-morning trade. For the week, the N
TOKYO, Aug 28 - Japan's Sharp Corp and Pioneer Corp said on Thursday that they had agreed to dissolve their capital alliance in the optical disk business because they had achieved their objective of the tie-up.
* GPIF shift positive catalyst for stocks in medium-term - analyst * Yen's retreat lifts exporters * Some see Japanese stocks as being oversold By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Aug 11 - Japanese stocks bounced strongly on Monday morning, recouping some of their steep losses suffered on Friday after Wall Street rallied on easing tensions in Ukraine, and exporters rose as the yen stepped back from last week's sharp gains. The Nikkei share average jumped 1.7 percent to 15,031
* Competition with Sharp heats up as both pursue Chinese makers (Adds quotes from CEO, details on company strategy)
TOKYO - Japan's Sharp Corp said it expected revenue from Chinese smartphone makers to increase fivefold in the six months to September after a jump in smartphone panel orders helped boost operating profit by 55 percent in the first quarter.
* LCD panel unit makes up 46 pct of op profit, third of sales
TOKYO, Aug 1 - Japan's Sharp Corp posted a 55 percent increase in operating profit for the April-June quarter, beating its own guidance to break even.
TOKYO - Sharp Corp said on Thursday it would pull out of solar cell production in Europe, handing its share of joint venture 3Sun to partner Enel Green Power SpA, a subsidiary of Italian utility Enel SpA .
TOKYO, July 24 - Sharp Corp said on Thursday it would pull out of solar cell production in Europe, handing its share of joint venture 3Sun to partner Enel Green Power SpA, a subsidiary of Italian utility Enel SpA.