Mitsubishi Motors Corp (7211.T)
TOKYO, July 27 Mitsubishi Motors Corp on Wednesday reported a 75 percent plunge in first-quarter operating profit as domestic sales slumped after it admitted to overstating the fuel economy of some of its vehicles.
* Mitsubishi Motors Q1 op profit tumbles 75 pct on mileage scandal (Adds Mitsubishi Motors earnings, Nissan executive's quote)
* Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc reported June 2016 sales of 8,023, up one percent from June of last year Source text for Eikon: (Bengaluru Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780)
TOKYO, July 1 Mitsubishi Motors Corp's domestic mini vehicle sales fell 75.7 percent on the year in June, posting a big fall for the third month after the Japanese automaker admitted to overstating the mileage for some models it sells at home.
- recalls around 496,000 vehicles in Japan including EK-Wagon, issues separate recall for Delica, other models - transport ministry
TOKYO, June 29 Domestic vehicle sales at Mitsubishi Motors Corp roughly halved in May for the second straight month as demand continued to fall after the Japanese automaker admitted to overstating the mileage of four mini vehicles it produced.
-- Mitsubishi Motors Corp will focus on making passenger cars in the Philippines following an additional investment this year, with plans to increase local production to export to the growing Southeast Asian market, BusinessWorld newspaper reported, citing CEO Osamu Masuko who spoke in a media briefing in Tokyo.
TOKYO, June 27 The yen's surge after Britain's vote to leave the European Union is set to depress operating profit at Japan's automakers this year, analysts said, exacerbating a slump in earnings already anticipated for the current year.
BRIEF-Nissan: to pay $956 per vehicle in compensation to users of Mitsubishi Motors-made minivehicles
- To pay 100,000 yen ($956) per vehicle in compensation to users of Mitsubishi Motors-made minivehicles in mileage cheating scandal
* First net loss in 8 yrs due to compensation costs, sales slump