Canon Inc (7751.T)
TOKYO Japan's Canon Inc on Tuesday cut its full-year profit view citing weaker-than-expected demand for consumer cameras in China and Southeast Asia, adding weight to its near $3 billion decision this year to expand into surveillance equipment.
* Camera recovery hard to predict, China stimulus could help -CFO (Adds camera sales forecasts, shares, context)
Tokyo, Oct 27 Japan's Canon Inc on Tuesday lowered its full-year earnings forecast, citing slower-than-expected demand for digital cameras in China and Southeast Asian countries.
PARIS Canon Inc, the world's biggest maker of cameras and printers, is setting its sights on higher growth fueled by acquisitions as it expands into related markets like video surveillance and medical imaging, Chairman Fujio Mitarai said.
* Has together with Canon and local distributor won two contracts to Hong Kong
* Signs distribution agreement with Canon IT Solutions, a subsidiary of Canon Marketing Japan group
* Says orders machinery equipment from Canon Inc for T$578 million ($17.75 million)
TOKYO Japan's Canon Inc cut its earnings outlook for the full year and reported a 16 percent fall in quarterly profit as consumers, increasingly in the habit of taking photos with their smartphones, bought fewer compact digital cameras.
* Compact camera sales continue decline (Adds company comments, context, shares)
TOKYO, July 27 Japan's Canon Inc on Monday lowered its earnings outlook for the full year and reported a 16 percent fall in second-quarter net profit, as fewer consumers bought new compact digital cameras.