Canon Inc (7751.T)
9 Feb 2016
TOKYO, Jan 27 Canon Inc is interested in buying Toshiba Medical Systems, a subsidiary that Japan's Toshiba Corp has put on sale, a Canon executive said on Wednesday.
* Canon to appoint senior managing director Masaya Maeda to president and COO - Nikkei
TOKYO Japan's Canon Inc on Tuesday cut its full-year profit view citing weaker-than-expected demand for consumer cameras in China and Southeast Asia, adding weight to its near $3 billion decision this year to expand into surveillance equipment.
* Camera recovery hard to predict, China stimulus could help -CFO (Adds camera sales forecasts, shares, context)
Tokyo, Oct 27 Japan's Canon Inc on Tuesday lowered its full-year earnings forecast, citing slower-than-expected demand for digital cameras in China and Southeast Asian countries.
PARIS Canon Inc, the world's biggest maker of cameras and printers, is setting its sights on higher growth fueled by acquisitions as it expands into related markets like video surveillance and medical imaging, Chairman Fujio Mitarai said.
* Has together with Canon and local distributor won two contracts to Hong Kong
* Signs distribution agreement with Canon IT Solutions, a subsidiary of Canon Marketing Japan group
* Says orders machinery equipment from Canon Inc for T$578 million ($17.75 million)