AbbVie Inc (ABBV.N)
AbbVie Inc placed another big bet on new cancer drugs on Thursday with a $5.8 billion acquisition that could lessen its dependence on arthritis treatment Humira, the world's top selling drug.
* Abbvie Inc. Corp. Credit rating lowered to 'A-' from 'A' on new acquisition plan; stable outlook Source (http://bit.ly/1WteRQW) Further company coverage:
* Action follows the announcement that AbbVie will acquire privately-held Stemcentrx for approximately $5.8 billion in cash and stock
* CEO says Stemcentrx deal will give company long-desired strong position in solid tumors
April 28 Drugmaker AbbVie Inc said it would buy privately held oncology company Stemcentrx in a deal valued at $5.8 billion in cash and stock.
* Abbvie and cytomx announce strategic collaboration for probody drug conjugates
* Argenx and Abbvie to collaborate on ARGX-115 against novel immuno-oncology target
AbbVie has acquired an option on an early-stage immuno-oncology drug from biotech company Argenx, giving the U.S. drugmaker access to a treatment with the potential to block a biological pathway that allows cancers to grow.
April 21 AbbVie has acquired an option on an early-stage immuno-oncology drug from biotech company Argenx, giving the U.S. drugmaker access to a treatment with the potential to block a biological pathway that allows cancers to grow.
An experimental once-daily combination hepatitis C treatment being developed by AbbVie Inc demonstrated very high cure rates across a wide range of disease genotypes, according to data presented on Saturday, likely giving the company a more competitive product if approved.
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$112.08||-0.40|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$32.71||-0.20|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF73.20||-1.60|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$54.84||-0.90|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (ROG.S)||CHF242.50||-4.80|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (RO.S)||CHF245.50||-2.40|
|Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)||$38.90||-1.52|
|Eli Lilly and Co (LLY.N)||$75.53||-0.93|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€72.11||-4.08|