AbbVie Inc (ABBV.N)
NEW YORK, May 11 (IFR) - Apple, Shell and AbbVie blitzed the US bond market last week with a combined US$34bn of jumbo bond deals in just two days, bringing the week's tally to US$52bn, the fourth-largest of all time.
- U.S. drugmaker AbbVie Inc reported better-than-expected quarterly profit and revenue, driven by strong sales of its arthritis drug, Humira.
April 23 - U.S. drugmaker AbbVie Inc reported a 4 percent rise in quarterly profit, driven by strong sales of its arthritis drug, Humira.
MUNICH - German healthcare group Fresenius will lie in wait for an overheated healthcare deal market to cool down before making further larger acquisitions, its chief executive said.
- Some of the top investors at Mylan NV , including Paulson & Co, are encouraging its board of directors to consider a takeover proposal from rival Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Inc , according to people familiar with the matter.
- Some of the top investors at Mylan NV, including Paulson & Co, are encouraging its board of directors to consider a takeover proposal from rival Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Inc, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Ablynx initiates the first of two phase IIb RA studies with its anti-il-6r nanobody, partnered with Abbvie
- An independent panel recommended unblinding a late-stage study testing Pharmacyclics Inc and Johnson & Johnson's Imbruvica, after the treatment was successful against two similar forms of cancer in combination with other drugs.
NEW YORK, March 12 - The loan market received another boost this week as drugmaker Abbvie and semiconductor company NXP boosted U.S. M&A volume to $152.7 billion so far this year, including completed and deals in the pipeline.
NEW YORK - AbbVie Inc chief Richard Gonzalez fought two other drugmakers to "the bitter end" to buy Pharmacyclics Inc for its hot-selling Imbruvica cancer drug, but may have a harder time convincing investors it is worth $21 billion.