ACC Ltd (ACC.NS)
May 8 Indian shares rose on Monday led by a rally in Ambuja Cements and ACC Ltd after the companies said they were exploring a merger, while lenders extended gains after the government further empowered the central bank to tackle bad debts in the sector.
** Shares of Ambuja Cements Ltd jump as much as 9.1 pct to their highest since Sept 21, 2016
* Says initiation of a study to explore possibility of a merger of company and Ambuja Cements Limited
** Shares of cement maker ACC Ltd gain as much as 3.70 pct to their highest since Oct 25, 2016
India's ACC Ltd, a unit of the world's largest cement maker, Lafargeholcim Ltd, reported a 9 percent fall in its first-quarter net profit, but beat analysts' expectations, helped by stronger cement sales volume.
April 21 India's ACC Ltd, a unit of the world's largest cement maker, Lafargeholcim Ltd, reported a 9 percent fall in its first-quarter net profit, but beat analysts' expectations, helped by stronger cement sales volume.
* Consensus forecast for march quarter consol net profit was 1.62 billion rupees
* Sale of 12.13 percent stake in Shiva Cements Limited to JSW Cement for 386.7 million rupees Source text: (http://bit.ly/2msSRe1) Further company coverage:
* Seeks members' nod for appointment of Neeraj Akhoury as the managing director & chief executive officer Source text: (http://bit.ly/2llojMe) Further company coverage:
* says Neeraj Akhoury takes charge as managing director & CEO of acc Source text:(http://bit.ly/2jT7Dva) Further company coverage: (Bengaluru newsroom)