Aeroflex Holding Corp (ARX.N)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$916.91|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||85.21|
* Dow off 0.8 pct; S&P 500 down 0.7 pct; Nasdaq off 0.7 pct (Updates to close)
* Dow off 0.9 pct; S&P 500 down 0.7 pct; Nasdaq off 0.8 pct (Updates to midday trading, adds GM recall)
LONDON - British aerospace and defence supplier Cobham is buying U.S. communications equipment maker Aeroflex Holding Corp for $920 million, continuing its quest for commercial customers as its main defence clients cut spending.
* To pay $10.50 per Aeroflex share, 26 pct above Monday close
(Corrects name of chain store in second line of second paragraph to TJ Maxx from TJX Maxx.)
* Futures off: Dow 9 pts, S&P 1.3 pts, Nasdaq 1 pt (Adds Dick's earnings, Morning Call link, updates prices)
* More AstraZeneca investors disprove of Pfizer rejection
LONDON - British aerospace and defense supplier Cobham is buying U.S. communications equipment maker Aeroflex Holding Corp for $1.46 billion, continuing its quest for more commercial customers as its main defense clients cut spending.
LONDON, May 20 - British aerospace and defence supplier Cobham said it would buy U.S. communications equipment maker Aeroflex Holding Corp for $1.46 billion and would place shares to help fund the acquisition.
May 20 - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
|ANRITSU CORPORATION (6754.T)||¥925||-6.00|
|Honeywell International Inc. (HON.N)||$95.77||+1.05|
|General Dynamics Corporation (GD.N)||$123.48||+1.67|
|BAE Systems plc (BAES.L)||439.30p||+0.30|
|Agilent Technologies Inc. (A.N)||$58.33||-0.23|
|JDS Uniphase Corp (JDSU.OQ)||$11.12||+0.08|
|JDS Uniphase Corp (JDU.TO)||--||--|
|National Instruments Corp (NATI.OQ)||$33.27||-0.09|
|Microsemi Corporation (MSCC.OQ)||$25.26||+0.22|
|Hittite Microwave Corp (HITT.OQ)||--||--|