Barclays PLC (BARC.L)
4 May 2016
* PIC not part of a consortium looking at BAG stake -source (Recasts with Barclays selling 12 pct stake )
JOHANNESBURG, May 4 South Africa's state pension fund is talking to Barclays Plc about buying some of the stake which the British bank is selling in its African business, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
LONDON, May 3 Barclays should have given its traders more training on Libor and tighter rules on their communications, a senior executive at the British bank told the trial of five former bankers charged with manipulating the benchmark.
LONDON When Barclays Plc sold a fund management business to U.S. financial group Blackrock Inc. in 2009, the larger-than-expected $15.2 billion (£10.4 billion) price tag was not the only good news for the British bank's investors.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, April 29 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Absa Money Market Fund's National Fund Credit Quality Rating (NFCQR) at 'AA+(zaf)' and National Fund Volatility Rating (NFVR) at 'V1(zaf)' . The fund's investment advisor is Absa Asset Management. KEY RATING DRIVERS High Asset Credit Quality The affirmation of the 'AA+(zaf)' NFCQR is driven by the fund's high current and prospective credit quality, as reflected in its weighted aver
* Barclays Plc shareholders passed resolution to approve any disposal of ordinary shares in Barclay's Africa Group Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Employee count to fall to 80,000 after disposals (Adds details from meeting, new quotes, result of vote)
* Shareholders approve proposal to sell down stake in africa unit Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Sinead Cruise)
* We are well on track to meet our 2016 guidance for core business of a cost level of £12.8 billion, and we have an eye on our longer term target of a group cost to income ratio below 60%.
LONDON Barclays said on Thursday it had agreed to sell its Barclaycard consumer payments business in Portugal and Spain to Bancopopular-e, pressing ahead with the disposal of unwanted assets under new Chief Executive Jes Staley.