BHP Billiton PLC (BLT.L)
29 Jul 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£113,248.30|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||5,322.77|
* By 2015 top producers to account for over 80 pct of world iron ore trade
MELBOURNE, July 28 - BHP Billiton plans to run a three-year trial of a potentially cheaper way of processing copper and uranium from its massive Olympic Dam mine in Australia from late 2016, it said on Monday.
MELBOURNE/LONDON/RIO DE JANEIRO, July 24 - After two years of shunning miners, investors are tiptoeing back into the sector on signs of growth perking up in China, company austerity measures paying off, and prices of nickel, copper and aluminium picking up as supply tightens.
July 23 - BHP Billiton Plc and Anglo American Plc are looking to sell their jointly owned manganese assets portfolio in South Africa and Australia, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Says FY2015 iron ore output to rise further 20 mln/t to 245 million
* MMG pours water on mkt talk it's eyeing BHP nickel asset
* Global miners count on Chinese mines closing to boost demand
* Sirius says in supply talks with 3 buyers ahead of mine development
* To cancel 10,000 tonnes term metal shipments to China-source
PERTH, July 6 - Six potential bidders, including Dutch commodity trader Trafigura and Hong Kong-listed MMG Ltd, are looking at the books of BHP Billiton's Australian nickel unit, the Australian Financial Review reported on Sunday, without saying where it got the information.