BHP Billiton PLC (BLT.L)
19 Dec 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£77,591.26|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||5,323.76|
* Steel, iron ore markets have been hit by massive supply gluts
PARIS - European stocks surrendered early gains on Monday and resumed last week's sharp sell-off as worries about global growth weighed on resource-related companies such as Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton .
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.2 pct after losing 5.9 pct last week
* In coming years, confident copper will be in short supply
WASHINGTON/TORONTO - The U.S. Congress has cleared the way for global miners Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton to swap land with the government, which will allow them to build a long-delayed $6 billion copper mine in Arizona.
WASHINGTON/TORONTO, Dec 12 - The U.S. Congress has cleared the way for global miners Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton to swap land with the government, which will allow them to build a long-delayed $6 billion copper mine in Arizona.
* China data show further signs of economic weakness (Adds China data, updates futures prices)
* Iron ore down 3 pct this week below $69/tonne * BHP sees Chinese steel consumption slowing in 2015 By Manolo Serapio Jr SINGAPORE, Dec 12 - Iron ore dropped to near its lowest level since June 2009 as a glut continued to exert pressure on the market, shaving a further 3 percent off prices this week. BHP Billiton , the world's No. 3 iron ore producer, expects growth in steel consumption in top market China to slow to as much as half a percent in 2015 from about 1.5 pe
(Repeats story published late Thursday; no changes to text)
SHANGHAI, Dec 11 - Iron ore giant BHP Billiton expects Chinese steel consumption growth to slow next year and has already adjusted its strategy to cope with a supply glut that has caused global prices to collapse, executives said on Thursday.