Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS)
* Says announced radical changes that redefine value proposition for domestic and international roaming
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
* Moody's: Bharti's acquisition of Telenor India is credit positive
The Nifty ended higher on Thursday, having earlier hit a near two-year high, with IT stocks leading the gains on the day of derivatives expiry.
Feb 23 The broader NSE index ended higher on Thursday, having earlier hit a near two-year high, with IT stocks leading the gains on the day of derivatives expiry.
* Fitch: Jio prompts more consolidation with Bharti-Telenor deal
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE, February 23 (Fitch) The agreement by Bharti Airtel Limited (BBB-/Stable) to buy Telenor's Indian telecom operations is the latest sign that the entry of aggressive new operator Reliance Jio is spurring incumbents to consolidate to better meet the intense competition and weaker telcos to exit altogether, Fitch Ratings says. Bharti's credit profile will remain unaffected by the planned acquisition as the benefits from addi
MUMBAI/OSLO Bharti Airtel, India's top telecoms network operator, is buying Norwegian Telenor's India unit, in yet another consolidation move in the country's telecoms sector driven by upstart rival Jio's disruptive pricing.
* Deal is non-cash; Bharti to take on Telenor's payment commitments
The Sensex rose to a 5-1/2-month high on Thursday, heading for a sixth consecutive session of gains with IT stocks leading the rally, while Bharti Airtel hit an 18-month high on its plan to buy Telenor India.