BT Group PLC (BT.L)
26 Aug 2016
* Sky sees better-than-expected 5-7 growth in revenue in 2016
* BT shares rise more than 4 percent (Adds quotes, reaction)
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) PARIS, July 26 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned French Metropolis of Rennes' (RM) EUR100m billets de tresorerie (BT) programme an expected Short-term rating of 'F1+(EXP)'. The final rating is contingent upon the receipt of final documentation conforming to information already received. KEY RATING DRIVERS The BT programme's expected rating is aligned with RM's Short-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) of 'F1+' as the notes under the
LONDON Britain's telecoms regulator ordered BT on Tuesday to run its network division as a separate company within the group, to improve national broadband coverage and avoid the need for a full break-up of the firm.
* Sky ceo says Openreach proposal is a step in the right direction, falls short of the option that would guarantee world-class coverage
LONDON, July 26 British regulator Ofcom on Tuesday said BT's network division should become a legally separate company within the telecoms group, to boost broadband coverage and avoid the need for a full break-up of the company.
LONDON, July 25 Britain's biggest telecoms provider BT offered on Monday to appoint an independent board and chairman to run its Openreach network division in an attempt to appease rivals and prevent the break-up of the group.
LONDON, July 19 Britain's biggest telecoms provider BT should be forced to break up the group unless it improves service levels at the Openreach business that provides the broadband lines used by rivals and its own customers, British lawmakers said on Tuesday.
* Falling bond yields push UK pension deficits to record levels
BRIEF-S&P - U.K.-based telecom BT Group rating raised to 'BBB+'; 'A-2' short-term rating affirmed; outlook stable
* U.K.-based telecom BT Group rating raised to 'BBB+'; 'A-2' short-term rating affirmed; outlook stable