BT Group PLC (BT.L)
25 Jul 2016
LONDON, July 25 Britain's biggest telecoms provider BT offered on Monday to appoint an independent board and chairman to run its Openreach network division in an attempt to appease rivals and prevent the break-up of the group.
LONDON, July 19 Britain's biggest telecoms provider BT should be forced to break up the group unless it improves service levels at the Openreach business that provides the broadband lines used by rivals and its own customers, British lawmakers said on Tuesday.
* Falling bond yields push UK pension deficits to record levels
BRIEF-S&P - U.K.-based telecom BT Group rating raised to 'BBB+'; 'A-2' short-term rating affirmed; outlook stable
* U.K.-based telecom BT Group rating raised to 'BBB+'; 'A-2' short-term rating affirmed; outlook stable
* Combines EE's business division, parts of BT Global Services' UK corporate and public sector operations with BT business, to form business and public sector
** Tineke Frikkee, who runs Smith & Williamson's UK Equity Income Fund, bought more shares in Next and BT on Friday - perceived Brexit losers which both dived >10% that day
June 20 UK'S Competition and Markets Authority(CMA):
LONDON British broadband operator TalkTalk said it had bounced back from a customer data theft in October, stabilizing its customer base in the final quarter after 95,000 subscribers left following the breach.
* Higher target for superfast broadband, including fibre to home
* Cfo says need guidelines from the regulator to underpin investment