BT Group PLC (BT.L)
May 27 - BT Group PLC : * British telecom plc - transaction in own shares * Commencement of a non-discretionary programme to purchase up to £160 million
* Ceo Colao says combined BT and EE company should release spectrum, end sharing deal with 3 Further company coverage:
LONDON, May 18 - BT, seeking regulatory approvals for its 12.5 billion-pound ($20 billion) deal to acquire UK mobile network operator EE from Orange and Deutsche Telekom, has asked the British competition authorities to move straight to a full investigation, avoiding a preliminary review.
* Made its formal submission to UK's competition and markets authority, seeking approval for proposed acquisition of EE
* Emirates chooses BT for global contact centre virtualisation
* Rivals say will increase competition, innovation (Adds BT, TalkTalk comments, shares)
* Is proposing a new requirement on BT - largest supplier in market, upon whose network many competitors' services rely - to supply 'dark fibre' in areas outside central london
* Earnings come in just ahead of forecast (Adds CEO comments, shares)
LONDON, May 7 - BT Group posted a better than expected 3 percent rise in full-year earnings and raised its outlook for free cash flow after a strong finish to the year, when it connected a record 455,000 fibre broadband customers.
* Best ever quarter for openreach fibre broadband net connections of 455,000, up 31%