Cipla Ltd (CIPL.BO)
26 May 2017
** Cipla Ltd drops as much as 4.7 pct to 480.2 rupees, its lowest since June 27, 2016
MUMBAI Cipla Ltd , India's fifth-largest drugmaker by sales, plans to reduce investment in biosimilars to sharpen its focus on building a portfolio of high-margin respiratory products, the company's chief executive said on Thursday.
* Posts Q4 loss vs. analysts' forecast for profit (Recasts with CEO's comments)
MUMBAI, May 25 Cipla Ltd, India's fifth-largest drugmaker by sales, reported a smaller quarterly loss for January-March, but missed expectations of a profit for the period.
* Consol march quarter total income from operations 35.82 billion rupees
** Drug maker Cipla Ltd falls as much as 1.98 pct to 562.7 rupees, to its lowest since Jan 3
* Medrx is eligible to receive up to USD 30 million cumulatively through upfront and developmental, regulatory, and commercial milestones payments
* Says the company enters into a license contract with an India-based pharma Cipla Ltd's wholly owned US-based unit Cipla USA Inc, on development and sale of MRX-4TZT, transdermal patch for the treatment of spastic paralysis
* Says Cipla launches Hepatitis B vaccine in India Source text - (http://bit.ly/2lUwkV6) Further company coverage:
MUMBAI Indian drugmaker Cipla Ltd's third-quarter profit beat estimates due to higher sales in the United States, and the company said it was looking for licensing deals and acquisitions to build its speciality medicines pipeline in that market.