Coach Inc (COH.N)
- U.S. stocks edged up in volatile trading on Tuesday, reversing earlier declines, on strong earnings from Merck, better-than-expected housing data and a dividend hike from IBM.
* Shares down as much as 8.8 pct (Adds analysts comments, forecast; updates shares)
April 28 - Coach Inc, the maker of Poppy handbags, reported a 15.5 percent decline in quarterly revenue as sales in North America, its biggest market, fell for the seventh straight quarter.
Jan 29 - Holiday-season splurging on handbags has given Coach Inc and Kate Spade & Co new impetus to cut back on promotions, confident that Americans are more willing to splash out on luxury.
Jan 29 - Coach Inc posted a better-than-expected profit for the second quarter as demand for its Poppy handbags improved in North America, its biggest market, from the first quarter and sales rose in China, a key market.
Jan 29 - Coach Inc posted a better-than-expected quarterly profit as demand for its Poppy handbags rose in China, a key market, sending the company's shares up 9 percent in premarket trading.
- Coach Inc will buy women's luxury footwear company Stuart Weitzman Holdings LLC, as it looks to expand its high-end offerings to better compete with fast-growing rivals such as Michael Kors Holdings Ltd and Kate Spade & Co .
* Transaction expected to close by May (Adds Breakingviews link; updates shares)
Jan 6 - Coach Inc said it would buy luxury footwear company Stuart Weitzman Holdings LLC from private equity firm Sycamore Partners in a deal valued at up to $574 million.
- Accessories retailer Coach Inc is nearing a deal to buy privately held women's luxury shoe company Stuart Weitzman Holdings LLC for about $600 million, according to a person familiar with the matter.