Delhaize Group SA (DEG.N)
28 Nov 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$7,508.57|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||410.93|
* U.S. same store sales growth 5.3 pct vs 3.0 pct expected
BRUSSELS, Nov 6 - Belgian supermarket group Delhaize on Thursday reported better-than-expected operating profit for the third quarter, entirely driven by a strong performance of its business in the United States.
* Q4 revenue at 5.462 billion euro versus 5.299 billion euro
* Delhaize group announces agreement to sell Bottom Dollar Food store locations
* Revenue growth of 3.7 pct at identical exchange rates (3.7 pct organic growth)
BRUSSELS, June 24 - Belgian supermarkets group Delhaize has appointed the former president of retail operations of U.S. grocery group SUPERVALU as the head of Delhaize America after a nine-month search.
* Appointment of Kevin Holt as Chief Executive Officer for Delhaize America.
* Says wage costs higher than competitors (Adds details, analyst comments, share reaction)
* Planned measures might impact jobs as many as 2500 employees
BRUSSELS, June 11 - Belgian supermarket chain Delhaize said on Wednesday it could cut up to 2,500 jobs at its Belgian operations over the next three years and invest 450 million euros ($612.68 million) in its stores to bring them back to profitability.