Delhaize Group SA (DEG.N)
* Delhaize Group's operations in Belgium announce sale of pet food chain Tom&Co
* Underlying Q1 op profit 449 mln euros vs 430 mln analysts' view
BRUSSELS, April 27 Belgian supermarket group Delhaize reported on Wednesday a stronger-than-expected operating profit in the first quarter, driven by lower costs and strong sales growth in Southeastern Europe.
* Q1 comparable store sales growth of 2.6 pct in US (3.7 pct real growth), 2.9 pct in Belgium and 10.8 pct in South Eastern Europe
* Competition college of the BCA has authorized the merger of Ahold and Delhaize with remedies
AMSTERDAM Shareholders of Dutch supermarket group Ahold and Belgian peer Delhaize voted overwhelmingly to approve the companies' proposed merger on Monday, removing one of the last hurdles to the plan.
* Deal still needs US, Belgian regulatory approval (Updates after Delhaize shareholders also approve merger)
BRUSSELS, March 14 Shareholders of Belgian supermarket group Delhaize approved on Monday the 9.8 billion euros ($10.9 billion) purchase of the company by Dutch peer Ahold.
AMSTERDAM, March 14 Shareholders of supermarket group Ahold on Monday voted to approve the company's proposed merger with Belgian retailer Delhaize.