Delhaize Group SA (DEG.N)
19 Dec 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$7,495.46|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||410.93|
* U.S. same store sales growth 5.3 pct vs 3.0 pct expected
BRUSSELS, Nov 6 - Belgian supermarket group Delhaize on Thursday reported better-than-expected operating profit for the third quarter, entirely driven by a strong performance of its business in the United States.
* Q4 revenue at 5.462 billion euro versus 5.299 billion euro
* Delhaize group announces agreement to sell Bottom Dollar Food store locations
* Revenue growth of 3.7 pct at identical exchange rates (3.7 pct organic growth)
BRUSSELS, June 24 - Belgian supermarkets group Delhaize has appointed the former president of retail operations of U.S. grocery group SUPERVALU as the head of Delhaize America after a nine-month search.
* Appointment of Kevin Holt as Chief Executive Officer for Delhaize America.