Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie le Lion SA (DEG.N)
30 Jul 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$6,717.98|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||410.93|
BRUSSELS, June 24 - Belgian supermarkets group Delhaize has appointed the former president of retail operations of U.S. grocery group SUPERVALU as the head of Delhaize America after a nine-month search.
* Appointment of Kevin Holt as Chief Executive Officer for Delhaize America.
* Says wage costs higher than competitors (Adds details, analyst comments, share reaction)
* Planned measures might impact jobs as many as 2500 employees
BRUSSELS, June 11 - Belgian supermarket chain Delhaize said on Wednesday it could cut up to 2,500 jobs at its Belgian operations over the next three years and invest 450 million euros ($612.68 million) in its stores to bring them back to profitability.
* Delhazie group appoints Denis Knoops as CEO for Delhaize Belgium and Luxembourg Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Dirk Van Den Berghe, CEO of Delhaize Belgium and Luxembourg, to leave Delhaize group
BRUSSELS, May 22 - Belgian supermarket chain Delhaize is reviewing its future presence in Indonesia, the group's chief executive said on Thursday.
* Johnny Thijs confirmed as independent director for a term of three years.
* Shares pull back after early 4 pct fall (Adds details on outlook, share reaction)