Dollar General Corp (DG.N)
20 Oct 2016
Sept 15 U.S. discount retailer Dollar General Corp said it plans to hire 10,000 employees by mid-October, boosting its headcount by nearly 9 pct to support its expansion efforts as it looks to protect its turf amid fierce competition.
* Dollar General plans to hire 10,000 new employees by October 15 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Dollar General Director Michael Calbert reports open market purchase of 13,000 shares of co's common stock
* Director michael calbert reports open market purchase of 13,000 shares of co's common stock at average price of $75.53per share on aug 30-filing Source text : http://bit.ly/2bWHsjF Further company coverage:
* Dollar Tree 2nd-qtr sales $5.00 bln vs est $5.09 bln (Adds details from Dollar General call, analyst comment, updates shares)
* Dollar General sees reduction of about $0.02 to $0.03 in diluted EPS during Q3 2016, primarily related to closed store lease obligations
* Dollar general reports second quarter 2016 financial results
Aug 25 Discount retailer Dollar General Corp reported lower-than-expected quarterly sales, hurt by lower food prices, growing competition and as its low-income customer base was hurt by several states reducing food stamp coverage.
* Entered definitive documentation to establish commercial paper program under which co may issue unsecured commercial paper notes
* Dollar General announces purchase of 41 former Walmart Express Stores
WASHINGTON, June 23 The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday allowed a child sexual molestation lawsuit against discount retailer Dollar General Corp to move forward in a Native American tribal court in Mississippi.
|Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT.N)||$68.73||--|
|CVS Health Corp (CVS.N)||$87.30||--|
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$67.71||--|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RAD.N)||$7.11||--|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RADCP.PK)||--||--|
|Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (FDO.N)||--||--|
|Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR.OQ)||$75.87||--|
|Fred's, Inc. (FRED.OQ)||$8.86||--|
|99 Cents Only Stores (NDN.N)||--||--|
|Kroger Co (KR.N)||$30.92||--|