D.R. Horton Inc (DHI.N)
2 Jul 2015
- A six-year lull in deal making among U.S. homebuilders may be drawing to an end as companies look to bulk up on ready-to-build land to feed a surge in demand from home buyers.
June 19 - A six-year lull in deal making among U.S. homebuilders may be drawing to an end as companies look to bulk up on ready-to-build land to feed a surge in demand from home buyers.
April 22 - D.R. Horton Inc's quarterly results gave a strong indication that first-time home buyers are finally returning to the market as home ownership in the United States becomes cheaper than renting.
* Forecasts Q3 gross margins of 19.5-20 pct vs 20.7 pct year ago
April 22 - D.R. Horton Inc, the largest U.S. homebuilder, reported a 38 percent rise in quarterly revenue and a 30 percent jump in orders as the spring selling season got off to a strong start.
Dow component Boeing Co is expected to report a rise in first-quarter profit, helped by increased deliveries. Investors will want to know more about the company's cost-reduction efforts, given that unit costs of Dreamliner jets continue to exceed sale price. Boeing was able to show strong cash flow at the end of 2014 but it has warned that cash might be comparatively weaker in the early part of 2015. Analysts expect the company's stock to continue rising, but investors remain cautious.
* Indexes up: Dow 0.03 pct, S&P 500 0.26 pct, Nasdaq 0.29 pct (Adds volume data, Microsoft earnings)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.03 pct, S&P 500 up 0.26 pct, Nasdaq up 0.29 pct (Updates to close)
* Indexes: Dow flat, S&P 500 up 0.1 pct, Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates to early afternoon trading)
* Dow down 0.1 pct, S&P 500 and Nasdaq flat (Updates to midday trading)
|Lennar Corporation (LEN.N)||$51.00||-0.16|
|Lennar Corporation (LENb.N)||$42.80||-0.15|
|PulteGroup, Inc. (PHM.N)||$20.58||+0.04|
|NVR, Inc. (NVR.N)||$1,368.00||+5.01|
|Centex LLC (CTX.N)||$25.82||-0.16|
|Toll Brothers Inc (TOL.N)||$38.22||-0.22|
|Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOV.N)||$2.54||-0.06|
|Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOVVB.PK)||$2.70||--|
|M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC.N)||$29.94||-0.03|
|Beazer Homes USA, Inc. (BZH.N)||$19.58||-0.32|