Darty PLC (DRTY.L)
27 May 2016
* Continued market outperformance in france with like-for-like sales up 16.0 per cent in Q4
* Conforama has undertaken to keep its offer open until 10 June 2016 provided that board of Darty has not withdrawn its unanimous and unconditional recommendation Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)
* As of 16 may, Steinhoff either owned or had received valid acceptances from 111 million Darty shares, representing about 20.96 percent of its total share capital Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* As of close of business on 9 may , Conforama and its concert parties held 108,025,242 Darty shares representing about 20.40 percent of Darty
* Three significant shareholders it has approached have all accepted to undertake to vote in favour of Fnac resolution
* Has entered into a supplemental facilities agreement to eur 1,350,000,000 senior facilities agreement dated 20 April 2016
April 27 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Wednesday:
PARIS French retailer Fnac is set to clinch a takeover of electrical goods chain Darty after rival bidder Steinhoff effectively withdrew on Wednesday, missing out on a second European target in just over a month.
* Fnac still faces union disquiet over Darty plans (Adds Conforama CEO comments to Reuters, sources comments)
* Board of Conforama confirms that its third increased offer of 160 pence for each Darty share is final, and will not be increased.