Freeport-McMoRan Inc (FCX.N)
5 Feb 2016
* Tin bucks weaker trend and rises 1 pct (Updates with closing prices)
* Difference in "interpretation" of regulations -official (Adds details and further comment from govt official, Freeport)
* Freeport wants assurance that mining rights will be extended (Updates throughout, adds details)
TOKYO, Feb 1 Pan Pacific Copper (PPC), Japan's biggest copper smelter, and Freeport have set 2016 treatment and refining charges 9 percent lower than last year's fees, as global mines cut output due to slumping prices.
* Freeport says "everything is normal" at massive mine (Releads, adds value of copper concentrate exports)
TORONTO, Jan 28 The Canadian arm of mining giant BHP Billiton has signed a letter of intent to help fund exploration at Aston Bay Holdings Ltd's Storm copper project, Aston Bay said on Thursday.
JAKARTA, Jan 28 Indonesia's government and Freeport McMoRan Inc on Thursday failed to reach a deal on extending the U.S. mining giant's six-month export permit, potentially halting shipments from the country's massive Grasberg copper and gold mine.
JAKARTA, Jan 28 Indonesia's government and Freeport McMoRan Inc are meeting on Thursday in last-ditch talks to prevent a halt in exports of copper concentrate from the U.S. mining giant's massive Grasberg mine in the province of Papua.
* Energy & mines minister indicates room to negotiate on deposit
JAKARTA, Jan 27 Indonesia's government will work with Freeport McMoRan Inc to find common ground so the U.S. mining giant can continue to ship copper concentrate for at least another six months, the mines minister said on Wednesday.