Geo Group Inc (GEO.N)
26 Aug 2016
* On aug 18, executed letter of offer providing for bank guarantee/standby sub-facility in aggregate amount of $76.8 million - sec filing Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* The Geo Group announces change to contract renewal status for the D. Ray James Correctional Facility
* Geo Group Inc ratings placed on creditwatch with negative implications
CHICAGO, Aug 19 Private prison operator Geo Group Inc expects no financial impact in 2016 from the U.S. Department of Justice's decision to phase out the use of private prisons, the company said.
Aug 19 Private prison operator Geo Group Inc said the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) rescinded a previously granted extension to operate a facility after renewing the contract.
Aug 19 Shares of private prison operators Geo Group Inc and Corrections Corp of America rose in premarket trading on Friday, a day after losing more than a third of their market value following the U.S. Department of Justice's (DoJ) plans to phase out use of privately operated prisons.
* The Geo group announces contract renewal by the federal bureau of prisons for the D. Ray James correctional facility
NEW YORK, Aug 18 News that the U.S. Justice Department plans to stop its use of privately operated prisons hammered the shares of prison operators on Thursday, but some options traders made out like bandits on the news.
* GEO Group comments on Department Of Justice announcement and announces investor and analyst conference call
* Q2 revenue $548.4 million versus I/B/E/S view $547.2 million