Galliford Try PLC (GFRD.L)
2 Mar 2015
LONDON, Feb 18 - Strong demand for homes drove up earnings and revenue at British construction group Galliford Try Plc in its first half and allowed the group to reward shareholders with a near 50 percent dividend hike.
* Shares open 4 percent higher after h1 results Further company coverage: (London Equities Newsroom)
LONDON, Feb 18 - Construction firm Galliford Try raised its interim dividend by 47 percent to 22 pence after strong house building demand drove up revenues and profits in the six months to end-2014.
* Has been successfully appointed to four new major contracts in the extra care and affordable housing sectors, worth a combined £72 million. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Continues to trade well and in line with our expectations.
* Reaches agreement on £48.5 million Wick community campus Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Morrison construction business has achieved financial close on £45.2 million hub south east scotland ltd contract
* Successfully appointed to mod's next generation estates contract (ngec) framework for capital works projects in scotland
* Has achieved financial close on circa £550 million joint venture contract
* Secures place on £100 million North Lanarkshire council framework