Corning Inc (GLW.N)
27 Jul 2017
* Sees Q3 Optical Communications sales up more than 10 percent
* Says it and Corning plan to set up two JVs with registered capital at $20 million each for two LCD glass substrate projects worth $60 million each
* Corning and stevanato group enter new agreement to supply new corning valor(tm) glass to the pharmaceutical packaging market
BRIEF-Corning and Gerresheimer collaborate to deliver new Corning valor(tm) glass to the pharmaceutical packaging market
* Corning and Gerresheimer collaborate to deliver new corning valor(tm) glass to the pharmaceutical packaging market
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump on Thursday announced a $500 million investment that Corning Inc is making with pharmaceutical giants Merck and Pfizer to manufacture a new kind of glass for injectable drug vials.
WASHINGTON, July 20 President Donald Trump on Thursday announced a $500 million investment that Corning Inc is making with pharmaceutical giants Merck and Pfizer to manufacture a new kind of glass for injectable drug vials.
NEW YORK, July 20 Corning Inc said at an event with U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday that it plans to spend $500 million and create 1,000 jobs in the United States making a new kind of glass for vials and cartridges to hold injectable drugs.
* Corning Inc - SpiderCloud will become part of corning optical communications segment Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, June 07 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed and withdrawn the following ratings for Corning Incorporated (NYSE: GLW, Corning): --Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) 'BBB+'; --Short-Term IDR 'F2'; --Senior unsecured debt 'BBB+'; --Senior unsecured revolver 'BBB+'; --Commercial paper 'F2'. The Rating Outlook is Stable. Fitch has withdrawn Corning's ratings for commercial reasons. Fitch reserves the right in its sole discretion
* Says it signs MOU with Corning Inc to set up JV for LCD glass substrate projects in China
|Asahi Glass Co Ltd (5201.T)||¥4,695||-90.00|
|Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd. (5214.T)||¥3,845||-60.00|
|IBIDEN CO., LTD. (4062.T)||¥1,919||-77.00|
|NGK Insulators Ltd (5333.T)||¥2,234||-13.00|
|Prysmian SpA (PRY.MI)||€26.60||-0.50|
|SCHOTT Solar AG (S9SG.DE)||€0.00||--|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO.N)||$175.27||--|