Home Depot Inc (HD.N)
* Home Depot's sales, profit beat analysts estimates last week
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, May 24 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'A' rating to The Home Depot, Inc.'s (Home Depot) proposed issuance of senior unsecured notes, which Fitch expects could be for up to $2 billion. The proceeds from the issue will be used for general corporate purposes, including share repurchases. A full list of ratings follows at the end of this release. KEY RATING DRIVERS The rating reflects Home Depot's strong track record of com
* Files preliminary prospectus supplement related to a 3-part notes offering Source text: (http://bit.ly/2rTEtvj) Further company coverage:
U.S. home improvement retailer Lowe's Cos Inc said it would buy Maintenance Supply Headquarters, a wholesale retailer of maintenance supplies, for $512 million, as it seeks to sell more to construction contractors.
Home Depot Inc's first-quarter profit and same-store sales topped estimates as customers spent more on expensive items such as appliances and flooring and roofing materials. | Video
* Shares hit record high at $160.83 (Adds details from conference call, updates shares)
BRIEF-Home Depot on conf call- Q1 drivers behind increase in big-ticket purchases were appliances, flooring and roofing
* On conf call- Q1 Interline sales growth outpaced the company average
* Futures up: Dow 33 pts, S&P 1.75 pt, Nasdaq 6.5 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
* The Home Depot announces first quarter results; updates fiscal year 2017 guidance
May 16 Home Depot Inc, the No. 1 U.S. home improvement chain, reported a 12 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday, helped by higher customer traffic and more average spending at its stores amid a strong housing market.