Home Depot Inc (HD.N)
4 Sep 2015
* Profit $1.20/share vs est. $1.24 (Adds CEO comment, details; updates shares)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.23 pct, S&P 0.29 pct, Nasdaq 0.50 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
* Stock at all-time high, up nearly 14 pct this year (Adds company comments, details on buyback and breach-related expenses)
* Indexes: Dow down 0.06 pct, S&P up 0.02 pct, Nasdaq off 0.16 pct (Adds details, adds quote, updates prices)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.3 pct, S&P 0.3 pct, Nasdaq 0.4 pct (Updates to open)
Aug 18 - Home Depot Inc, the world's No.1 home improvement chain by revenue, reported a 4.3 percent rise in quarterly net sales, helped by a recovery in the U.S. housing market.
(Removes entry on economist Bill Witherell's LIVECHAT as the event got cancelled.) WEEK AHEAD The stragglers for the earnings season - Home Depot, Wal-Mart and a few others - will report results to close out the quarter next week, with expectations that retailers would see decent sales after recent revisions show better-than-expected activity in the second quarter. The markets will also continue to watch the Chinese yuan after its unexpected devaluation this week, with anticipation
SEATTLE - Amazon.com Inc said on Wednesday it would expand a marketplace that offers home services from plumbing to fence repairs in 15 U.S. cities and help customers find contractors for more expensive home projects as it develops its role as a middle man for third-party vendors. The e-commerce company said it now offers more than 15 million unique services through its home services marketplace, up from 2 million when it launched in March.
- Home Depot Inc said it agreed to buy home repair and maintenance products seller Interline Brands Inc [ISHLDI.UL] for about $1.63 billion in cash to expand its Pro division, which caters to professional contractors and builders.
July 22 - Home Depot Inc said it agreed to buy home repair and maintenance products seller Interline Brands Inc for about $1.63 billion in cash to expand its Pro division, which caters to professional contractors and builders.