Home Depot Inc (HD.N)
27 Aug 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$125,643.00|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,367.62|
Aug 21 - Home Depot Inc named Craig Menear its chief executive, replacing Frank Blake, who will stay on as chairman.
* Dow up 0.4 pct; S&P 500 up 0.3 pct; Nasdaq off 0.02 pct (Updates to close)
* Expects spending on home-improvement to grow in second half (Adds details from conference call, CEO interview; updates shares)
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks ended higher for the second straight session on Tuesday, as robust housing data and strong earnings from Dow component Home Depot overshadowed lingering concerns about the conflict in Ukraine.
* July U.S. housing starts exceed expectations; CPI barely rises
* Oil at 14-month low (Adds late, closing prices, quotes)
NEW YORK, Aug 19 - U.S. stocks ended higher for the second straight session on Tuesday as upbeat housing market data and strong earnings from Dow component Home Depot overshadowed lingering concerns about the conflict in Ukraine.
* Raises full-year profit forecast to $4.52/shr from $4.42
* Oil at 14-month low (Adds Treasuries decline, updates prices)
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks advanced on Tuesday after solid earnings from Home Depot helped lift retailers' shares and Apple touched $100 for the first time since its stock split this summer. Data on housing and inflation gave the market more support.