ICAP PLC (IAP.L)
27 Nov 2015
LONDON, Nov 18 A former New Zealand-based ICAP broker, charged with manipulating Libor benchmark interest rates, told a London court on Wednesday he had passed on requests to influence rates to his London colleagues from convicted trader Tom Hayes "for safety".
* ICAP shares rise 7 pct, Tullett down 9 pct (Adds details, CEO, analyst comment, updates share price)
* Agreed terms with Tullett Prebon for disposal by ICAP of its global hybrid voice broking and information business to Tullett Prebon Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Nov 11 Interdealer broker Tullett Prebon Plc said it would acquire ICAP Plc's global hybrid voice broking and information business for about 1.11 billion pounds ($1.68 billion) in stock.
* To acquire ICAP's global hybrid voice broking and information business
Rival British interdealer brokers ICAP and Tullett Prebon are in talks to combine their businesses, the companies said on Friday, as they seek to combat falling profits in a sector struggling with shrinking trading volumes.
* ICAP would own minority stake in the enlarged Tullett Prebon
* Confirms that it is in discussions regarding possible sale to Tullett Prebon of ICAP's global broking business
* Notes recent press speculation and confirms that it is in discussions with Icap Plc regarding possible acquisition by tullett prebon of Icap's global broking business
Nov 6 ICAP Plc is to buy a majority stake in rival interdealer broker Tullett Prebon Plc the Evening Standard reported citing sources.