ICICI Bank Ltd (ICBK.BO)
21 Feb 2017
MUMBAI ICICI Bank Ltd, India's No.2 lender by assets, said its third-quarter net profit fell 19 percent as bad loans rose, although the profit decline was smaller than expected.
* Exec says gross bad loan additions in December quarter at 70.37 billion rupees
* Gross non-performing loan ratio widens to 7.91 pct (Adds net interest income, shares)
MUMBAI, Jan 31 ICICI Bank Ltd, India's No.2 lender by assets, said its third-quarter net profit fell 19 percent as bad loans rose, although the profit decline was smaller than expected.
* Dec quarter gross NPA 7.91 percent versus 6.82 percent previous quarter
* ICICI Bank says PhonePe following restrictive practice of allowing only users of its own UPI handle to make payments on its app
* NPCI's statement pertaining to ICICI Bank blocking PhonePe's UPI transactions
** Shares of India's third largest bank by market capitalisation, ICICI Bank, rise as much as 6.02 pct to 298.40 rupees, highest since Aug. 2015
** India's Nifty bank index rises as much as 3.9 pct, biggest intraday percentage gain since March 2
** ICICI Bank Ltd gains as much as 3.14 pct; stock is among top percentage gainers on the NSE index