ICICI Bank Ltd (ICBK.NS)
* ICICI Bank says PhonePe following restrictive practice of allowing only users of its own UPI handle to make payments on its app
* NPCI's statement pertaining to ICICI Bank blocking PhonePe's UPI transactions
** Shares of India's third largest bank by market capitalisation, ICICI Bank, rise as much as 6.02 pct to 298.40 rupees, highest since Aug. 2015
** India's Nifty bank index rises as much as 3.9 pct, biggest intraday percentage gain since March 2
** ICICI Bank Ltd gains as much as 3.14 pct; stock is among top percentage gainers on the NSE index
MUMBAI ICICI Bank Ltd expects its loans to stressed companies to fall significantly in the next six to nine months as asset sales help some with debt repayments, the second-biggest Indian lender said after reporting a rise in quarterly profits.
* Sees significant reduction to loans to stressed cos in 6-9 mths (Adds CEO comment, further details)
* Exec says expects significant reduction in exposure to below invest-grade cos
MUMBAI, Nov 7 ICICI Bank Ltd, India's biggest private-sector lender by assets, said on Monday its second-quarter profit rose 2.4 percent, beating analyst estimates, helped by lower tax expenses.
* Sept quarter interest earned 136.39 billion rupees versus 130.99 billion rupees year ago