IDFC Ltd (IDFC.BO)
7 Mar 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||Rs159,354.50|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,516.22|
Reuters Market Eye - IDFC Ltd shares gain 1.4 percent, while L&T Finance Holdings surges 4.8 percent on hopes that they are the leading contenders to receive banking licences in a process seen entering its final stretch, dealers say.
* IDFC Ltd shares gain 1.4 percent, while L&T Finance Holdings surges 4.8 percent on hopes that they are the leading contenders to receive banking licences in a process seen entering its final stretch, dealers say. * Unlisted India Post is also seen as a leading contender, according to analysts. * An advisory committee is due to give its recommendations on bank licences by this weekend to the central bank, the Business Standard newspaper reported on Tuesday, citing India's Financial Services Sec
* India's benchmark BSE index higher 0.3 percent and the broader NSE index up 0.4 percent, after hitting their highest intraday level since Jan. 24. * IDFC Ltd is up 2.7 percent on hopes of getting a bank licence, dealers say. * An advisory committee is due to give its recommendations on bank licences by this weekend to the central bank, the Business Standard newspaper reported on Tuesday citing India's Financial Services Secretary, Rajiv Takru. * Ambuja Cements Ltd shares gain 2.6 percent on c
* IDFC Ltd and Dr.Reddy's Laboratories Ltd may beat July-September earnings consensus forecast when they report results later in the day, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine data. * StarMine's SmartEstimates, which places greater emphasis on forecasts by top-rated analysts, expects IDFC to report a profit of 4.99 billion Indian rupees ($81.41 million) for the quarter, compared with a wider consensus mean estimate of 4.81 billion rupees. * Dr.Reddy's is expected to report a profit of 4.73 bil
* Deutsche Bank downgrades IDFC Ltd to "hold" from "buy" and cuts its target price to 110 rupees from 150 rupees citing challenging operating environment. * The investment bank says its earlier expectations of loan growth revival for IDFC are unlikely to come through as there is neither fresh capex in infrastructure nor the company is in a position to gain assets via refinance. * Deutsche also says the recent rise in funding costs and intense competition among lenders for operating assets mean
MUMBAI - Mortgage lender LIC Housing plans to raise at least 2 billion rupees in debt, as Indian companies rush to take advantage of a bond rally following a surprise cut in an overnight interest rate on Monday.
MUMBAI, Oct 3 - India's IDFC Ltd is planning to raise at least 1.25 billion rupees ($20.02 million) via issue of three-year bonds at 9.57 percent, a source with direct knowledge of the deal said.
* Shares in India's IDFC Ltd surge as much as 7 percent after the Reserve Bank of India on Wednesday lifted restrictions placed on foreign investors purchasing shares of the company as their shareholding in IDFC fell below the prescribed limit. * The company had reduced the limit that foreign investors can own in the infrastructure lender to 54 percent from 74 percent without giving a reason in August. * Dealers say the FII investment limit was reduced earlier to comply with RBI's bank licence g