IDFC Ltd (IDFC.NS)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||Rs162,454.50|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,514.73|
* IDFC Ltd and Dr.Reddy's Laboratories Ltd may beat July-September earnings consensus forecast when they report results later in the day, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine data. * StarMine's SmartEstimates, which places greater emphasis on forecasts by top-rated analysts, expects IDFC to report a profit of 4.99 billion Indian rupees ($81.41 million) for the quarter, compared with a wider consensus mean estimate of 4.81 billion rupees. * Dr.Reddy's is expected to report a profit of 4.73 bil
* Deutsche Bank downgrades IDFC Ltd to "hold" from "buy" and cuts its target price to 110 rupees from 150 rupees citing challenging operating environment. * The investment bank says its earlier expectations of loan growth revival for IDFC are unlikely to come through as there is neither fresh capex in infrastructure nor the company is in a position to gain assets via refinance. * Deutsche also says the recent rise in funding costs and intense competition among lenders for operating assets mean
MUMBAI - Mortgage lender LIC Housing plans to raise at least 2 billion rupees in debt, as Indian companies rush to take advantage of a bond rally following a surprise cut in an overnight interest rate on Monday.
MUMBAI, Oct 3 - India's IDFC Ltd is planning to raise at least 1.25 billion rupees ($20.02 million) via issue of three-year bonds at 9.57 percent, a source with direct knowledge of the deal said.
* Shares in India's IDFC Ltd surge as much as 7 percent after the Reserve Bank of India on Wednesday lifted restrictions placed on foreign investors purchasing shares of the company as their shareholding in IDFC fell below the prescribed limit. * The company had reduced the limit that foreign investors can own in the infrastructure lender to 54 percent from 74 percent without giving a reason in August. * Dealers say the FII investment limit was reduced earlier to comply with RBI's bank licence g
* Shares in Axis Bank Ltd and IDFC Ltd gain as last week's selling, sparked by their exclusion from MSCI indices, is seen as overdone, traders say. * Axis Bank Ltd dropped 15 percent last week, its biggest weekly fall since July 2009, ahead of its exclusion from MSCI standard and large cap indexes that was due to be effective starting on Monday. * IDFC fell 22.4 percent in the previous week as MSCI on Monday said the company would be deleted from its global standard indexes effective Sept. 2,
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in IDFC Ltd fall 8.3 percent after the Reserve Bank of India on Friday decreased the limit that foreign investors can own in the infrastructure lender to 54 percent from 74 percent without giving a reason.
* Shares in India's IDFC Ltd fall 8.3 percent after the Reserve Bank of India on Friday decreased the limit that foreign investors can own in the infrastructure lender to 54 percent from 74 percent without giving a reason. * IDFC on Monday advised custodian banks not to make any further purchases of its shares through secondary markets on behalf of their foreign customers or non-resident Indians. (email@example.com /; firstname.lastname@example.org)
MUMBAI, July 24 - * Morgan Stanley downgrades India's IDFC Ltd to "equal-weight" from "underweight" and cut its price target to 100 rupees from 150 rupees. * The downgrade comes as Morgan Stanley cuts its loan growth outlook for IDFC and cites an increase of 125 basis points in three-month commercial papers, which would make funding more expensive. * The investment bank adds asset quality risk is also increasing for IDFC as the economy slows and rates rise. * IDFC shares are down 8 pe
June 18 - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)