ITC Ltd (ITC.NS)
2 Sep 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||Rs2,792,955.00|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||7,967.35|
* NSE ends 0.02 pct lower; BSE gains 0.02 pct * Maruti Suzuki hit after CCI fine * Tata Steel surges; no impact seen from coal ruling By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, Aug 26 - India's NSE index edged lower for a second consecutive session on Tuesday as firms including Jindal Steel and Power extended their slump after a Supreme Court ruling on coal allocation, while lenders fell due to concerns over their loan exposure. India's top court ruled on Monday that the allocati
MUMBAI - ITC Ltd , India's largest cigarette maker, reported a better-than-expected 25 percent rise in quarterly sales as demand for smaller and cheaper cigarettes grew and its consumer goods business put in a stronger performance.
* Forecasts had called for 85.1 bln rupees - Starmine (Adds details)
MUMBAI, July 29 - India's largest cigarette maker ITC Ltd on Tuesday said first-quarter net profit grew 16 percent, lagging forecasts although sales beat market expectations.
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in ITC ltd have turned positive and are trading higher after Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to "overweight" from "equal-weight" and increased the price target to 400 rupees from 360 rupees.
* Shares in India's ITC ltd have turned positive and are trading higher after Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to "overweight" from "equal-weight" and increased the price target to 400 rupees from 360 rupees. * "ITC is a strong consensus buy - yet one of the worst-performing stocks in our coverage over the past 12 months -- trailing the Sensex by 35 percent," the investment bank said in a note. * "After recent underperformance, we believe ITC stock is factoring in a cigarette volume decline in
MUMBAI - The BSE Sensex rose over 1 percent on Tuesday, snapping a four-day losing streak as blue-chips such as Reliance Industries gained on continued hopes of reforms while a fall in crude oil prices also helped.
* Benchmark BSE index gains 1.35 pct; NSE index up 1.16 pct
* India's benchmark BSE index gains 0.74 percent, while the broader NSE index is up 0.62 percent. * Blue-ship stocks leading the gains with ITC Ltd up 1.7 percent on value-buying after falling 6.2 percent in the previous session. * Among other heavyweights, Reliance Industries Ltd is up 1.2 percent while State Bank of India gains 1.3 percent. * Asian shares clinched slender gains on Tuesday as improved manufacturing data from China, Japan and the United States augured well for global growth, des
MUMBAI - The BSE Sensex and Nifty fell for a fourth straight session on Monday, marking their lowest close in 2-1/2 weeks as ITC Ltd slumped the most in ten months on tax worries, while concerns over high oil prices feeding inflation continued to weigh.