ITC Ltd (ITC.NS)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||Rs2,467,078.00|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||7,931.45|
(Refiles to add name of person for quote in graf 5) * BSE index gains 2.21 pct; NSE ends 2.19 pct higher * UBS cuts India to 'neutral', upgrades China on reforms * ITC gains on unwinding of short positions in Nov futures * Tata Steel gains on July-Sept earnings, China reforms By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, Nov 18 - Indian shares rose more than 2 percent on Monday, to mark their biggest single-day gain in a month, tracking gains in other Asian markets, cheered by t
* Shares in cigarette maker ITC Ltd surge on unwinding of short positions in its November futures contracts, dealers say. * The November futures contract shed about 1 million shares in outstanding open positions by 0911 GMT compared with its 5-day average change of 0.23 million shares, as per Thomson Reuters and NSE data. * ITC shares rise 3.2 percent, while its November futures are down 3 percent. (email@example.com /; firstname.lastname@example.org)
MUMBAI - The BSE Sensex snapped a five-day winning streak on Tuesday, retreating from a record high hit in the previous session, led by falls in defensives such as ITC and on profit-taking in recent outperformers such as Dr. Reddy's Laboratories.
Reuters Market Eye - ITC Ltd sinks 3.3 percent, falling below its 200-day moving average for the first time in two months.
* India's ITC Ltd sinks 3.3 percent, falling below its 200-day moving average for the first time in two months. * Traders cite valuation concerns given ITC is trading at about 30 times of estimated fiscal 2014 earnings, while the benchmark BSE index is trading at about 15.5 times, as per Thomson Reuters data. * Shares in the company have been falling for three straight weeks and is down 13 percent since hitting a record high of 380 rupees in late July. * ITC posted on Oct. 25 sales volume growth
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange down 0.62 percent and the MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan falls 0.2 percent. * A stronger yen depressed Japanese stocks on Friday, while the dollar was hemmed in near a two-year low against the euro, reflecting expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will continue its stimulus into 2014. * Foreign investors have continued to buy local shares, remaining net buyers for a 15th consecutive session. Provisional exchange data showed a net purchase of
* BSE index falls 0.14 pct; NSE ends 0.03 pct lower * Hero MotoCorp operating profit may lag estimates - StarMine * Foreign investors extend buying streak to a twelfth day * Third Wockhardt India plant hit by export restrictions By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, Oct 22 - Indian shares edged lower on Tuesday, backing away slightly from near three-year highs hit in the previous session, as Hero MotoCorp fell a day ahead of its quarterly earnings, while caution prevailed ah
* BSE index falls 0.25 pct; NSE ends flat * Traders lighten positions ahead of central bank events * FIIs extend buying to a sixth day * State-owned banks rise on relative valuations By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, Sept 13 - Indian shares fell for a second day in a volatile session on Friday as blue chips including ITC declined after the prime minister's economic panel said it would be a challenge for the government to meet its fiscal deficit target in the current year
(Corrects paragraph 3 to say wholesale price, not whole price)
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in ITC Ltd gain 4 percent after the company raised prices of a key cigarette brand, UBS says.