J C Penney Company Inc (JCP.N)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.4 pct, S&P up 0.4 pct, Nasdaq up 0.3 pct (Updates to close)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.3 pct, S&P up 0.3 pct, Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.14 pct, S&P up 0.07 pct, Nasdaq down 0.18 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
* Shares jump as much as 9 pct (Adds analyst comments, update shares)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.2 pct, S&P up 0.09 pct, Nasdaq down 0.1 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.2 pct, S&P 0.1 pct, Nasdaq 0.03 pct (Updates to open)
Aug 14 - Department store operator J.C. Penney Co Inc reported a 2.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by higher sales in its home and fine jewelry categories and at the Sephora departments in its stores.
May 19 - A federal judge certified a class-action lawsuit that accuses J.C. Penney Company Inc of marking up retail prices on apparel and accessories to trick shoppers into believing they were getting big discounts when the items were advertised on sale.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, May 18 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed the Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) of J.C. Penney Co., Inc. and J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc. at 'CCC'. The Rating Outlook is Positive. A full list of rating actions follows at the end of this press release. KEY RATING DRIVERS Fitch Ratings expects J.C. Penney to generate EBITDA of approximately $600 million in 2015 versus $277 million in 2014, based on 3% comparable store sales (c
May 13 - J.C. Penney Co Inc reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly loss on the back of solid demand for apparel and women's handbags, and lifted its annual margin target in a sign the department store chain is getting a better grip on costs.