JD Sports Fashion PLC (JD.L)
22 Aug 2017
* Do not believe our like-for-like store sales comparatives will be truly meaningful until end of first half
** Rough week for online fashion retailers after Amazon unveiled plans to launch its low-on-hassle, high-on-incentives shopping service, Prime Wardrobe (PW)
LONDON British wholesaler Booker still expects its 3.7 billion pound ($4.8 billion) takeover by Tesco to be completed by early 2018 at the latest, it said after reporting annual results on Thursday, despite regulatory hurdles that analysts said could make the timetable optimistic.
* Reports full-year profit up 15 pct (Adds detail, analyst comment, shares)
* Cma has decided, on information currently available to it, not to refer following merger to a phase 2 investigation under provisions of enterprise act 2002
* Has overtaken rival Sports Direct in market valuation (Adds comments from CFO, updates shares)
April 11 Britain's JD Sports Fashion Plc posted a 55 percent rise in full-year headline pretax profit as demand for leisurewear products remained firm.
* Fy record result with headline profit before tax and exceptional items of £244.8 million (2016: £157.1 million)
* Says signs Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with JD Sports Fashion PLC (JD Sports) and JD Sprinter Holdings (JD Sprinter) for business combination in Iberia