JD Sports Fashion PLC (JD.L)
24 May 2017
LONDON British wholesaler Booker still expects its 3.7 billion pound ($4.8 billion) takeover by Tesco to be completed by early 2018 at the latest, it said after reporting annual results on Thursday, despite regulatory hurdles that analysts said could make the timetable optimistic.
* Reports full-year profit up 15 pct (Adds detail, analyst comment, shares)
* Cma has decided, on information currently available to it, not to refer following merger to a phase 2 investigation under provisions of enterprise act 2002
* Has overtaken rival Sports Direct in market valuation (Adds comments from CFO, updates shares)
April 11 Britain's JD Sports Fashion Plc posted a 55 percent rise in full-year headline pretax profit as demand for leisurewear products remained firm.
* Fy record result with headline profit before tax and exceptional items of £244.8 million (2016: £157.1 million)
* Says signs Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with JD Sports Fashion PLC (JD Sports) and JD Sprinter Holdings (JD Sprinter) for business combination in Iberia
Jan 12 British sportswear retailer JD Sports Fashion Plc said on Thursday it expected full-year headline profit before tax to beat market expectations on continued growth in comparable store sales, sending its shares to a record high.
* Cumulative like for like store sales growth for 49 weeks to 7 january 2017 across all group fascias maintained
Jan 12 British sportswear firm JD Sports Fashion Plc said it expects full-year headline profit before tax to beat market expectation by up to 15 percent after posting growth in comparable store sales.