Nordstrom Inc (JWN.N)
24 Mar 2017
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, March 07 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned a 'BBB+' rating to Nordstrom, Inc.'s new 4.00% $350 million senior unsecured notes due March 2027. The proceeds from these notes, as well as proceeds from an add-on of $300 million to the existing 5.00% senior unsecured notes outstanding due 2044, will be used to repay or retire all $650 million aggregate principal amount of outstanding 6.25% senior unsecured notes due January 2
Department store operators Kohl's Corp and Nordstrom Inc followed larger rival Macy's Inc in reporting a better-than-expected profit for the holiday quarter as lower inventories helped the retailers avoid deep discounting.
* Nordstrom fourth quarter and fiscal 2016 earnings exceeded expectations
* Kohl's sees FY comp sales flat to down 2 pct (Adds Nordstrom's results, updates shares)
BRIEF-Nordstrom on conf call- FY forecast assumes continuation of negative trends in full-line stores offset by upsize online growth
* On conf call- "early in the year our team took aggressive steps to realign inventory in response to changes in customer demand"
Feb 23 Nordstrom Inc reported a 2.4 percent rise in quarterly sales as the apparel retailer's off-price stores attracted more customers, sending its shares up 3.6 percent in extended trading on Thursday.
* ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT OF ENRIQUE HERNANDEZ, JR., FROM BOARD OF DIRECTORS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Nordstrom board of directors authorizes $500 million share repurchase program and approves quarterly dividend
Trump-branded consumer products have suffered new blows, with U.S. retailers Sears Holdings Corp and Kmart Corp discontinuing online sales of 31 Trump Home items, while new details emerged showing sales of Ivanka Trump's brand fell in the weeks before Nordstrom Inc stopped carrying her products. | Video
Feb 11 Trump-branded consumer products have suffered new blows, with U.S. retailers Sears Holdings Corp and Kmart Corp discontinuing online sales of 31 Trump Home items, while new details emerged showing sales of Ivanka Trump's brand fell in the weeks before Nordstrom Inc stopped carrying her products.